CHAPTER 24: An Eye for an Eye

Grey

Caera has really grown, I thought to myself.

Her swordsman ship and mana control have increased exponentially, on top of her mana reserves. Her victory wasn't a matter of if, but when.

She ignited the air in soulfire concealing her movement. Although her opponent saw it coming, he couldn't react.

What impressed me even more then her battle intelligence was her ruthlessness. She saw her opponent was weak, she knew she won. But she didn't stop fighting. Caera had completely annihilated that poor boy.

"You did a good job raising her" I complemented Seris. This wasn't an attempt to manipulate her, just me saying the truth.

"Maybe in your eyes, Grey. But not in mine" She answered solemnly.

"Whatever you are feeling, you must let it go...you must know that as well." I replied.

"Grey, she is too powerful for her own good. She's dangerous"

Oh how wrong you are...Scythe Seris.

Interrupting our conversation, the room started trembling. As if the mana itself was scared of what was coming.

Comedically on cue the protective barriers surrounding the stage flickered away letting some of the walls crash down onto the arena.

"What happened..." grumbled the tall lanky Scythe.

I looked at Agrona, even he looked...perplexed.

Emerging from the dust appeared a small young girl. Her facial feature lay flat, 2 black; void like horns twisted and curved upward.

Before my brain could process who she was an asura like pressure filled the room. Caera and the rest of the scythes fell to their knees, passing out from the intent. Agrona smirked while I reinforced myself with mana. The bloodlust was weaker then Winsdom's...but it's pure potential is what scared me the most.

Regaining my composure I looked back at the intruder.

She locked eyes with me as my heart skipped a beat.

Sylvie...

My jaw hung slack as a smirk appeared on her face.

"You better have missed me" she said with a teasing tone.

I jumped off the balcony and slammed into Sylvie. Giving her the tightest hug I could muster.

I let a few tears tickle down me as I looked at her with deep, emotional eyes.

"Where have you been." My voice cracking.

"Training"

"You scared me, you...hurt me."

"I didn't have a choice I had to get stronger...for you."

"I was never mad at you, you know...I never could be."

"Yeah well I'm mad at you...how could you" she said.

"How could you destroy our home...my home."

"They betrayed me...I had to get revenge, for myself" I said, reciting the quote Sylvia had told me.

Sylvie only stared at me, lonely.

"Revenge...again. Look at your previous mistakes, your previous life. You followed the path of revenge, where did that lead you? Don't make the world blind for such silly reasons"

I hardened my heart. Sylvie didn't know what had happened. That is not her fault...but I couldn't let her influence my plans. Not in a negative way at least.