CHAPTER 25: Short Lived Rebellion

Aldir

There wasn't a set reason for me helping out Dicathen in this war. Kezzes will definitely set out an army of asura to seek me out and kill me. It was only a matter of when.

Every day throughout this war I felt older and older. After some thought I didn't mind dying. I lived long enough, and so did the world eater technique.

I didn't believe in the fact that a lesser figured out the world eater spell. I simply shrugged it off as another one of Indraths lies.

I would help Dicathen out in the war. It would be my last act of kindness to this cold hearted world.

"Are you ready, General Aldir?" Asked Virion

I nodded looking up at the newly built Alacryan wall enveloping the floating city of Xyrus.

Ellie and her mother was to my right, cuddling together as if they haven't seen each other is years. Barion and Virion to my left.

This will be the first city to be liberated from Agrona, I thought to myself.

After all what could a few Alacryan mages do to the general of deities.

Grey

Me and Sylvie were walking along the streets of Xyrus. She became happier, more lighthearted after seeing how improved the city was. More lamp posts were built and the overall atmosphere was less tense; like it was during the war.

"I still don't understand what led you to torturing the Dicathians." She said with a solum tone.

"But I'm no longer angry at you, Arthur."

"It's Grey" I said teasingly.

"Okay okay I hibernated long enough did you miss me?" Regis asked awaking from his afternoon nap.

"What the-" Sylvie exclaimed.

"Ooo master what have you been up too." Regis asked with a sly smile.

Trying my hardest not to sigh I introduced the two.

"Sylvie this is Regis. He is the weapon made out of the rock Wren gave me.

Regis this is Sylvie, a cool dragon unlike you."

"Pleased to meet you."

"What a dragon not fair" Regis said pouting.

"Arthur, what can this shadow do?"

"Oh I'm so glad you asked...I can phase through walls and people."

"So your a stalker..."

"Correct! Wait."

Sylvie giggled squeezing Regis's illusory cheeks like a grandmother.

"Ahh Grey get this demon girl of me"

A smile cracked onto my face as I watched the two have back and fourths.

Two life times later, I can finally smile...two lifetimes later.

Breaking my train of thought an incredible aura filled the city. The air densed as people all around fell to their knees.

You came at the wrong time, I thought to myself with a psychotic grin.

It has been a long time since I went all out.

Virion

It felt like time itself had frozen. The air visibly bent under Aldir's bloodlust. Although Aldir directed it towards Xyrus, even Barion behind him was barely standing.