CHAPTER 17: Agrona's Masterpiece

From now on I will be posting sneak peaks on my followers page for upcoming chapters. So if that is something you want feel free to follow me

Grey

"Then what are we waiting for?" I asked

She only chuckling motioning me to follow her. She cast the crescent shape portal to appear in front of her and stepped through, sparring me a quick glance.

I followed along without a second thought.

On the other side we entered a room with black walls decorated with golden ribbons. It was gloomy but still gave off a powerful aura.

The portal behind me vanished as Sylvia turned around, "Welcome too Teagrin Caelum"

"It's...dark" I said.

"Yes but that's how Agrona likes it" she shrugged

"What are we doing here?"

"Agrona and I have been working on a plan to defeat Dicathen in the war with as little deaths as possible. And now, you can put that plan in motion"

"And what do I get out of it?" I asked, although my voice wasn't snobby.

"Power of course, you will be given a high ranking position in Alacrya and you can get your revenge that you so desperately want."

Although revenge was originally her idea, she still wasn't wrong...besides she has done so much for me, it wouldn't be so bad to work together.

"Alright" I said. "Fill me in"

We walked for what felt like hours until we finally reached a grandiose sapphire door.

Syvlia foraged a key out of mana and swung open the door. Inside stood a desk in front of a window, a bed backed up against a wall and a table that could fit around 6 people.

"Welcome" said a voice from inside. "Please come in"

Sylvia motioned for me to lead the way, which I did.

Inside sat Agrona at the head of the table. He wore a warm smile but I could still see his hunger for power within it.

"Please sit" he said simply

I pulled out a chair to the right of him and sat down

His smile only grew at this offense.

Only after Syvlia sat down did he start to speak.

"How nice to see you again Grey. I must say you put on an amazing show at the Victoriad.

I only looked at him deadpan.

"Straight to business I see, very well. Grey, I want you to make Dicathen surrender. Do so however you wish but I want most of the people alive...including all the Lances. In return I will give you a position above a Scythe and teach you some mana arts myself.

You will gain political power and physical power all for fulfilling your own revenge."

"That sounds too good to be true." I answered honestly

"Oh no not all all. You see Grey, I am the reason you reincarnated...a little happy accident if you will. I want nothing more then to see you grow"

I only stared at him blankly. If I was the old me I would have been surprised. But my emotions no longer have such control over me.

"It looks like we have a deal" I said

"Perfect...here is the plan."

**