•Chapter 15: Forbidden Love

Start from the beginning

"They already died a long time ago Justin."

"But if they died I should be seeing them in heaven right?"

He nodded "That's the thing they die and became an angel. The dark angels killed them. I told you we aren't immortal when it comes to evil. We simply die and vanish forever."

"S-So I will never see them again?" He shook his head "Why can't I remember a thing about them? No memories, no nothing..."

"Remember your duty before? You brought the souls to heaven?"

"Yeah..."

"Just like other souls, God chose to take all their memories so they won't remember the pain they felt. The last little boy you brought before the time he step into heaven, the sadness inside his heart turned into happiness, remember?"

"Yeah I remember." I smiled at the memory "So I died too before?"

"Yes you died at the age of 20."

"How did we die before we're human?"

"Your parents died because of an accident ten months before you suffered from lukemia."

I swallowed hard "Did you met them?"

"Yes...Actually I even help them during their mission. I'm sorry that I couldn't help them Jay." He sadly said "I..I tried but I was too late you know. That's why I promised myself that I will never let you die and I promised them that I'll protect you."

I smiled at him "Thanks Ry. Can you tell me more about them?"

"Your father is a great friend of mine. They would always watched you 24/7 down here and sometimes they asked God if they could visit you every night while you're sleeping in your bed."

"But I thought--This is all confusing Ry..."

"I know as I was saying not every soul needs to lose their memories. Your parents is the one who suggested it to God to remove every memories of them before you'll enter the gate of heaven."

"But why would they do that?" I whispered, my heart almost broke about what he said.

"So it will lessen the pain Jay. They don't want you to know that they are forever gone. This is even hard for them to do this, to know that you will never remember them."

"It hurts too you know and to think of it my own parents is the one who wants me to forget about them..."

"Let's just respect their decision Justin. They just want the best for you and you know that because they love you so much, understand?"

"I-I want to remember again Ry."

"Let Father decide about that."

I groaned as my head started to spin because everything what he said is all too much. And everytime I tried to remember every detail but it only gives me a headache. It's like my life is a puzzle, trying to find the missing pieces to complete it.

I don't even know myself anymore. Why is my life turned more complicated than before?

After five minutes of silence I decided to ask him again.

"How about you Ry? Did you remember about your past?" I asked him.

He scratched the back of his neck "Uh yeah...As I mentioned before I was married back then."

"Is your wife still alive?"

"Silly kiddo. She's dead now, we are all dead now. Before that, we have one son." I watched him as he smile to himself "I remember when I saw him he's so little and beautiful and I cried that day while carrying my child for the first time. We we're so happy but then that happiness did not last long. After three years, it was midnight when it all happened..." He clenched his fist "Three men barged inside our house, before they kill me they tortured my wife infront of me by raping her after that they shoot her in the head. My little boy ran inside the room while crying and then he saw her mom laying infront of him. He was screaming for her to wake up..."