Child Marriage 3 - Ek Duje Ke Vaaste

Start from the beginning

Nani sighs tired. "Yes."

"What about her?" Rishabh asks curiously. He has kind of known or rather seen Madhu in his grandparents' home for as long as he could remember.

His Nanu was a powerful man in the village. He was the, THE power there at one point of time. and Madhu's father was his right hand man. He had many enemies and there were many attempts made on him. the last being the one, where Madhu's father had taken a bullet meant for him. after that, he had stopped all of his political and social activities and started leading a peaceful and quiet life. ever since her father's death, Madhu had come to live in their house.

"What promise regarding Madhu?" Rishabh asks her.

"On Malik's deathbed, Radha's Papa promised him that he will take care of Madhu and get her married to a good man. Now, he is worried that when he dies and meets Malik, he wouldn't have fulfilled his promise." Nani replies.

Rishabh frowns and asks in shock. "How old is Madhu?" he could swear that she was at least 3 years younger to him.

"17."

He was right. "She can't get married now." Rishabh tells her in shock.

"I know but he feels he had been lax in his responsibility. He should have found someone for Madhu. So, he is filled with guilt."

"But that is not right." Rishabh tells her in shock. "What is Madhu saying?"

"She told him that she is freeing him from that promise. But for him, he made that promise to her father, not her. seeing him like this, she told him that if it would ease him then she will marry whoever he chose this instant."

Rishabh stares at her in shock. That would be illegal.

"I've asked the marriage broker to come."

What the hell is happening here?

***********

Rishabh comes out of the bedroom and stops in surprise seeing his bags missing.

"Where is my bag?" Rishabh asks his grandmother.

"Madhu might have took it to your room."

"She didn't have to." Rishabh whispers shaking his head.

He walks down the corridor to the last room that he usually used whenever he visited his grandparents, that was his room. he was about to walk in when Madhu comes out. She stops in shock seeing him.

"I've kept water in a pitcher on the table." Madhu informs him.

Rishabh nods.

"If you need anything, just shout out for me." Madhu tells him as she walked around him to leave the room.

"Are you okay with what is happening?" Rishabh asks her.

Madhu stops and turns to him. "He gave me this life, I'll do anything for him."

"Your father gave his life because of that he is alive even today." Rishabh points out exasperated.

Madhu just looks at Rishabh without saying anything for a few seconds then she walks off.

***********

Rishabh walks into his grandfather's room some time later and finds him awake and talking to a man. Rishabh steps into the room. hearing him, his grandfather looks at him.

"Rishu, when did you come?" Nanu asks feebly as he lifted his hand up a little.

Seeing that, Rishabh walks to him and takes his hand as he knelt down next to him. "How are you Nanu?"