Chapter 23

"Let's go," I call out, impatiently tapping my feet against the floor

"What's the rush?" Ozzy groans.

"That I've been waiting for you to pull your hungover ass out of bed for two hours," I tell him. "Kev and Milo are annoyed as well. Let's move."

He groans but gets out of bed and pulls on some clothes. I hold in my annoyance, and within ten minutes the four of us are on our way to the hospital.

"How's she doing today?" Kev asks.

"Good," I reply. "Luke's been with her."

"Where's your other boy?" Ozzy demands. "North is always hiding from us."

"What's your obsession?" Milo teases. "I'm starting to worry."

"It just hurts my feelings," he complains. "I'm always nice to him."

"Fuck off," I say, laughing. "You're an ass."

"Fine, fine," Ozzy says, easily agreeing. "I really am. Can't argue. Poor Mia having to put up with him."

"Stop it," I tell him. "Your jealousy over him ignoring you, doesn't mean you can pick on him."

"You're so defensive over your boys," Milo smirks. "Do you ever regret not having kids of your own?"

"I've got five of my own," I say.

"Fuck off," Milo says, rolling his eyes. "No, you don't."

"Well children one through three are you idiots," I reply. "Then I have North, and Luke."

"No way are you the most responsible out of us," Milo denies. "I'm Team Liaison. I take that mantle."

"Team Lead," Kev says. "You and Ozzy are the children."

"I raised two kids," I argue. "I'm an adult."

"North came mostly raised," Ozzy says. "So that doesn't count."

"Fuck off," I laugh. "The kid refused to talk to us all for months. He spoke mainly in growls and grunts. I've raised him just fine."

"Now the lovely Mia gets to join our family," Ozzy says, beaming. "It's came full circle."

"I don't think they're romantically involved yet," I say.

"She kissed North when we were last there," Kev says, shrugging. "I think they are."

"Nah," Ozzy argues. "I don't think Mia is ready for all fourteen of them, and she wouldn't jump into this."

"Yeah, I agree. I don't think she's ready yet," I reply. "Sang's been alone for most of her life. Liam said they spoke with Owen about polyamory but Sang thinks things out. She wouldn't agree if she wasn't one hundred percent into it and I don't think she is yet."

"All fourteen?" Milo asks, sceptically. "Honestly, if anyone could handle it, it would be Schatzi [little treasure]. Still think we should oversee their bootcamp and make her boys work for her affection."