Ch 611: A Damn Tool

Start from the beginning

Her body tensed. Her eyes widened. As she was staring at Lin Ye going through the files in front of him, the image of someone else replaced him.

A man that was about the same age and height as Lin Ye. The only difference that both of them had were the colour of their hair and eyes.

Lin Ye had black hair and eyes.

While this man? He had light brown hair and hazel-coloured eyes.

The man noticed her and stared and turned to look at her. He raised a brow at her.

"Amiya?"

"Amiya?"

Amiya snapped back to reality and saw Lin Ye replacing the man. His dark eyes stared into her in confusion.

"Is something the matter?" Lin Ye asked.

"Ah!" She shook her head, "It's nothing Doctor. I was just spacing out."

She instantly recovered. However, a thought lingered in her mind.

He's just like him.

Lin Ye raised his brow at her. He was dumb but he was not an idiot. Something was bothering his boss. Just as Lin Ye was about to ask her more about this, a thought appeared in his mind. This made him stop himself.

He almost forgot an important thing about Amiya.

She shared a bond with the previous Doctor. Based on how little he knew about Arknight, he still remembered the very first person that found the Doctor.

It was Amiya. When the stories went on, Lin Ye got to know the only reason that Rhodes Island even bothered to go and find the Doctor was because of her.

This told him enough about how much this girl cherished Doctor. Maybe the reason why she was still not used to Lin Ye was that he was not Ian.

He was not the Doctor that she cherished so much.

Lin Ye put aside Amiya's strange behaviour just now. It might for the better that he just ignored it and carried on with his life.

"So Amiya?" Lin Ye hummed, "Do I have any privileges?"

She looked at him confused, "Privileges?"

"Yeah," He nodded, "I just need to know I have any. Might come in useful for a rainy day."

Realizations hit Amiya and she nodded at him.

"Ah, I understand," She nodded, "For what only you can do, you can go anywhere on the Landship. The PRTS will follow your orders. You are only below me and Miss Kal'tsit, Doctor."

Lin Ye nodded.

"Good to hear."

He pulled out his phone and noticed the time.

"I remember Kal'tsit telling me there was something I need to do when I met you," Lin Ye stared back at the girl, "Do you know what it is?"

Amiya smiled at this.

"Yes, there is something that needs your attention," She nodded. She took a paper out from the pile on the table, "A representative sent by Yan is coming today."

"Yan?" Lin Ye was intrigued now.

"Yes," She smiled, "She would be already on the Landship by no-."

*Knock*! *Knock*!

Before she could finish, a knock could be heard behind them. They turned and faced the office's door.

The Doctor raised a brow at the door

That was convenient.

Lin Ye's mind came up with a different guess on who this mysterious person would be.

Hui-Chieh?

Swire?

Maybe it was someone from the royal family? If that was the case, he wanted Lily.

"That must be her," Amiya stared back at him and smiled, "Let's meet her."

But he did not have time to speculate any further when Amiya called him. He turned to stare at her and smiled back.

"Yeah," He chuckled, "We don't want to make her wait long."

Amiya giggled at his reply. They both walked to the door. As they were closing to door, Lin Ye got himself ready to talk with this person.

Amiya was the one that arrived at the door first. She opened the door a greeted the person behind it.

"Hello, welcome to Rhodes Island." Amiya pushed the door wide open now and showed Lin Ye to the person in front of her. She introduced him to the person, "Doctor had been waiting for now."

Just as Lin was about to greet the person with a smile on his face, when he saw who it was, his expression turned into a surprise.

"Huh?" Lin Ye arched his brow at the familiar blonde woman in front of him with a smile on his face. He chuckled and smiled at the woman.

"How have you been, Leizi?" He asked.

The Kylin took back a step.

"Your Highness?!"

{Rhodes Island's Psychologist}

Draft: Jaq

Proofread: Discord

Edit: Jaq