Ch 611: A Damn Tool

Start from the beginning

Then there was another question.

How'd Ian died?

Her answer was simple.

He died before Rhodes Island was a thing.

He died when Kal'tsit and most of the veterans of Rhodes Island were under another name.

Babel.

Ian died mysteriously in the same room as the leader of Babel. For someone that did not know anything about this world, they might believe her.

However, Lin Ye was different.

Lin Ye knew the Doctor was not dead.

Although little, he had knowledge of what was to come in the future.

Ian was still in Chernobog, waiting for Rhodes Island to rescue him. He knew this because of a game.

Arknights.

He knew that Kal'tsit was lying to him. She wanted to make Lin Ye a temporary solution. He was buying them time.

He was being lied to his face.

He was being used.

Like a damn tool.

Although that was the case, Lin Ye was not mad.

He was okay with it. Lin Ye knew Kal'tsit was only doing this because her hands are tied. She was desperate and it showed.

The woman just offered an important position to him of all people. If that did not show how dire the situation was for Rhodes Island, nothing would.

So for now...

"I am sorry for the loss," Lin Ye's face softened as he said this to her, "It must have been hard for you. To carry all the responsibility at such a young age."

Lin Ye will keep this to himself and just play along. He wanted to see how all this will end.

The worst case that would happen was his death.

Nothing he did not face before.

He died once after all. Dying again was not something that bother him much.

Putting his morbid thoughts away, for now, Lin Ye walked past Amiya and towards his new table. On it, he saw documents that vary in type.

Details on recruits, classified information about the company, and details on the infrastructures to name a few.

Glancing away from them, Lin Ye raised a brow at Amiya.

"So?" He folded his arms, "I still do not know what I am supposed to do as the Doctor."

"Oh?" Amiya looked surprised, "Miss Kal'tsit did not inform you?"

"She did but not much though," Lin Ye nodded, "I just know that I will be the first person to talk with parties that Rhodes Island is interested in working with. Other than that, I am clueless."

Amiya smiled and nodded at him.

"I understand," She walked to the table and took a piece of the documents on it, "Miss Kal'tsit was right, you will the first person to come in if it is related to diplomatic matters. You also need to read through some documents about Rhodes Island."

"I see," Lin Ye hummed. He nodded and smiled at her, "I guessed as much. But it's better hearing it in person."

Lin Ye chuckled

"Thank you, Amiya."

Lin Ye down at the documents on the table. He did this just in time to miss Amiya's reaction after he said this.

Rhodes Island's Psychologist Book 4On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara