23. A Morbid Game of Tag

Start from the beginning

...

Multiple groans from my friends fill the room. The leader notices and steps away from me, his face happy again.

"You're all awake! Cool... Uhm... take off their blindfolds please." He says, his men rushing to the blindfolds off.

"Where are we?" Yeji asks.

"Heard that one before. Seokjin why don't you tell her~~~" The man says, looking at me.

"Their base." I say, it's a short sentence, but enough for Yeji.

The man smiles.

"Goooood job, Seokjin..." He mocks.

He clasps his hands together, as if preparing for a presentation.

"So! As you may or may not know, we all love our entertainment. When I mean we, I mean me and my gang here. Some of you may have met us already, but if you haven't, that's ok." He says.

"So? What does that have to do with us?" Ryujin butts in.

"I was getting right into that. Our love for entertainment is so huge that we try and find the best ways of entertaining ourselves. One way we've found during this time was a sort of... well... you can call it a survival game."

His smile nearly reaches his eyes once he says the last few words:

"Our 'Survival Game' is spectacular! We put people in a cage, and they fight off zombies until they drop! It's amazing! You should've seen the last one!!! We had a group of about twelve girls trying to fight off our zombies! They were sacrificing their lives for each other until the very last person! It's just like that movie... but I don't know the name..."

He smiles and looks around the room. His eyes widen as they land on Chaeryeong. He points at her for a few seconds, his smile widening.

"You!!! Yes!!! Uhm... one of the girls looked a whole lot like you!!! She was impressive, I mean, it's no surprise that she was the last one standing. She fought longer than anyone else!!! It was amazing on how many zombies she held off before she died."

He laughs, recalling the memory.

Wait... 12 girls? One looking like Chaeryeong? I can only think of one girl group.

Iz*one.

All of Iz*one are dead. Including Chaeryeong's sister.

Chaeryeong tears up, finding out the demise of her sister. The man looks at her. His face twists into a rageful face.

"HEY!!! NO CRYING! WE WANT COURAGE, NOT CRYING BABIES LIKE YOU!!! STOP CRYING! TAKE HER OUTSIDE!!!" He screams.

The men forcefully put the blindfold back on Chaeryeong and start to lift her out her seat.

"STOP!!! WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!? LEAVE HER ALONE!!!" Yeji screams.

"TAKE YOUR FILTHY HANDS OFF OF HER!!! I'LL KILL YOU!!!" Ryujin yells.

Chaeryeon struggles all she can in the grasp of two powerfuly built men, but it's no use: she's blindfolded and tied by the hands. They lift her up and out of her seat and drag her out the room, locking the door behind them.

Multiple screams from Chaeryeong and thumps from boots and hands erupt from the other side of the door.

"Don't worry. My men will take care of her. She'll be back with us in a bit, when she's disciplined." He says.