CHAPTER 7

POINT OF VIEW: DYLAN

Saturday, October 7, 2028, around 08.00 P.M

Startled and confused simultaneously, Dylan took in all the cracks on the wall until his eyes landed back on Athena. When they had locked eyes, she said, "How dare you desecrate my place?!"

"De ... desecrate?" Dylan responded as he slumped on his swivel chair.

"You have ruined my place!" Athena exclaimed. "I shall now ruin your place!" she continued as she opened her fist and extended her arm.

Dylan shut his eyes tightly. Petrified on his chair, he waited for any next catastrophe worse than the cracks on the walls and ceiling. However, he heard a loud thud instead. Opening his eyes again, he was made aware that Athena was lying with her back to the top.

Athena rapidly inhaled and exhaled as if she had been sprinting. Dylan promptly helped her up and seated her at the bean bag. After ensuring she was in the most comfortable position, he went to grab the tap water. Rushing back to Athena, he said, "Goddess Athena, I bring you a cup of cold water."

Athena opened her eyes. Her glare had faded, replaced by a pale gaze. She weakly reached for the cup in Dylan's hand and immediately gulped down the water until its last drop. She then handed back the cup and rubbed her wet lips. She took a deep breath and said, "My power has not yet fully recovered."

Dylan tilted his head. "Your power ... has not yet fully recovered?"

Athena rested her head and stared at the ceiling. "I was overwhelmed with wrath and unawarely channelled a lot of energy that caused all these cracks," she explained. "Earlier, when I cursed Melissa, I also spent substantial energy. Because I have not fully recovered, the exertion made a fatal impact on my body."

"Why were you suddenly angry?" Dylan asked. "What do you mean by 'I desecrate your place'?"

Athena looked back at Dylan. "My temple was ruined. The humans gathering there also showed no respect to my holy place."

"Show no respect? What do you mean?"

"These mortals ... they did not keep their manners in my temple. They laughed loudly and talked to each other like they were in a garden or a public market. They even draw or write things on the pillars of the temple."

"Ah. ..," Dylan nodded. While he did not put his focus on only one tourist in the video, he did catch a glimpse of someone writing or probably drawing something on the ancient structure.

"Drawing or writing things on the pillars is indeed intolerable. However, for laughing or talking loudly like these tourists being in a market, it's all normal."

"Normal, you said?" Athena responded incredulously.

"Yes," Dylan nodded. "It's what we did at a tourist attraction site."

"Tourist attraction site? What is a tourist attraction site?"

"Well ... the definition is broad. But a tourist attraction site is where people gather to have fun, play, or enjoy some entertainment."

Athena's eyes widened. "Are you suggesting that my temple, the holy place where people used to worship me there, is now a site where people would have fun?"

"Aa ...," Dylan paused. "Yes," he nodded as he said with a soft tone.

Athena leaned back against the bean bag; she expressed dissatisfaction. It was much more relieving for Dylan, as he initially thought the goddess would grow furious. She had entwined Melissa into a magically grown tree and caused cracks in the walls and ceiling. Who knows what kind of supernatural attack she would launch after learning her holy place was a place for tourists?