Inktobertale 2022 Mega-Prompt

I couldn't resist Inktobertale, but I'm kinda busy, and I can't spend time writing stories for 31 different prompts..so, I introduce my mega-prompt. What is a mega-prompt, you may ask? Well, I'm not sure if it's been done before (probably, but I'm not sure what it's really called), but I intend to make a oneshot involving every prompt from Comyet's tumblr in one story. I don't have to write 31 different stories, and everyone gets to enjoy this, so yeah. I'm aiming for at least 3,000 words.

Time to write.

Prompts taken from the tumblr in question: Ink; color wheel; sinking; beloved; void; salty; you promise/d; knitted; hyperfixation; a hero falls; dye; acrylics; prince; boom!; are you afraid; memories; too bad I lied; gravity; nostalgia; spraycans; chess; dew; varnish; abyss; yellow; enemy; loveless; lost and found; sugarcoat; nest; contest. 

Wow, this is going to be nuts, but I'll do my best!

Comyet created Inktobertale.

Comments are welcome and appreciated! 

Please enjoy!

~~~~~

Dream.

~~~~~

I could almost hear him, sometimes. The base had never been very quiet when he was around, and it only felt right that one would hear echoes of his excited shouts in his absence. It was still quiet, though - deathly quiet. I couldn't handle it, sometimes. I wished he were still here. It had happened on a beautiful day. Nightmare's gang had attacked an AU, and we, the Star Sanses, had come to stop them. We had arrived while they were in the middle of decimating a Hotland, throwing barrels of flammable liquids down to the lava below and causing explosions that shook the ground we stood on. 

"Stop right there, Nightmare!" Ink had shouted, catching the attention of our adversaries. 

"Ah, how nice to see you three; have you come to join in the fun?" Nightmare had chuckled as a particularly loud explosion rang throughout the mountain. 

"No, we've come to stop your evil ways!"

"Indeed..boys, stop messing with those barrels!"

"But, boss, we're having a blast!" Killer had grinned. 

"Now."

"Ugh, fine." Killer stood by Nightmare's side with the rest of his gang, the four of them unsheathing their weapons.

"Leave this AU alone, Nightmare!" Ink had ordered. "It's done nothing bad to you!"

"It's been happy, Protector - too happy for my likings." Nightmare had replied. "But I don't expect you to understand, with your limited capacity for thought." 

"Hey!" 

"Ink can think just fine, Nightmare!" Blue had defended. "Unlike your lackeys, obviously, who can't even pay attention to this conflict!"

"..." Nightmare had looked to see his gang members eyeing the explosives behind them yearningly. "Boys!"

"Yes, Boss?" They had all looked at him.

"..Just start fighting."

"Yes, Boss!"

The battle that followed had been brief. I had, as usual, fought against my brother, who had attacked me with his tentacles, doing his best to try to impale me as I shot arrow after arrow at him. Blue had fought with Cross, who had put up enough of a challenge that he didn't need help; that had begun the problem. Ink had been forced to fight the Murder Time Trio in its entirety. He could handle fighting Error, and he could handle fighting a mob, but..this had been a challenge. The trio had fought together for years, and their attacks complemented eachother perfectly; when they fought together, they posed the largest threat Nightmare could have ever hoped for. He had trained them to be this way..and they hadn't disappointed him. Dust had used long-range magic attacks while Killer performed close-up combat, and Horror had attacked with his axe whenever he sensed that there might have been a weak spot open to a powerful attack. Ink had held them off for only a few minutes before it happened.