22. A High-Speed Chase

Start from the beginning

Ryujin then releases her hand.

"We need to leave, and it has to be now."

"What-" Bang Chan asks.

"Quickly. Please. I've just heard something like a car, don't you guys hear it?" She says.

"No, I can't hear anything-"

Ryujin exits the room and sprints over to the entrance.

"Ryujin? Wait! Where are you going!!!"

We follow her.

"GET IN THE CAR!!! WE'RE GOING TO HAVE A HIGH-SPEED CHASE!" Ryujin screams at us.

She jumps into the car, pressing the button to open the back door. Bang Chan wastes no time and takes the driver's seat.

I look down the street.
Now I see it; multiple vans are speeding near the end of the road, mere tens of meters away from us.

I hop into the back, once everyone's in, Ryujin gets out of the car and slams the door behind us, getting inside the back compartment.

"EVERYONE'S HERE!!! LET'S GO!!" Hyunjin screams at Bang Chan in the driver's seat.

Bang Chan slams down on the gas pedal, sending a shockwave down my body, making my heart pump.

We're in hot pursuit of the van.

"Bang Chan!!! Did you see the vans when we drove back to the entrance?!?" I ask.

He shakes his head.

"They must've been hiding their vans somewhere when they heard us coming." I say.

The vans in front of us take a sharp right.
Bang Chan is soon to follow.

"GO FASTER, HYUNG!!! THEY'RE JUST INFRONT OF US!!!" Han screams.

"YES, I KNOW!!! BUT WHAT DO YOU WANT ME TO DO?!? HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO STOP THE CARS?!? IF WE RAM THEM, IT'LL HURT EVERYONE INSIDE, INCLUDING TWICE!!!" Bang Chan screams, clearly in frustration.

Dang... We didn't think of that...

Hyunjin bites his lip.

Everyone in the van starts thinking.

A sudden scream from Joshua breaks out.

"BANG CHAN!!!"

"What is it?!?"

"QUICKLY!!! DUCK!!"

Bang Chan does so. As soon as he does, a bullet crashes through the windshield and into his headrest.

"THEY'RE SHOOTING AT US!!!" Joshua yells, pointing at a gun stuck out of one of the van's windows.

Everyone ducks as low as they can, some on the floor.

"WHAT DO WE DO?!?!" Ryujin screams.

Bang Chan looks shocked, clearly shaken up from the near miss.

More shots ring out, planting more holes into the windshield, some shots making it to the seats.

Everyone starts screaming and panicking.

"WE'RE GOING TO DIE!!!" Bang Chan screams, his head ducked down low.

"NO! NO WE'RE NOT, CHAN!!! JUST DRIVE!!!" Yeji screams.

Gosh dangit.

"CHAN!!! MOVE!!!" I yell, pushing to the front of the compartment.

He abandons the steering wheel and climbs backwards into the compartment while I scramble into the driver's seat.