Ending (Part Two)

5 MONTHS LATER

I sit by her grave, hot tears slowly running down my face, contrasting painfully with the cold skin that the new york winter can give you.

I had been so out of touch since it happened. the only people I speak to are may and Gwen. except for her parents, very occasionally.

I can't even look at the spiderman suit. I haven't been able to help anyone in new york because of my actions.

her funeral was the worst bit, though. I wanted to speak. I went up, but couldn't get anything out. I wanted to speak for my girlfriend.

so I sit here in the snow, next to her grave, holding the stone for stability. her gravestone is right next to her brothers, which is exactly what she would've wanted.

I'm lost in my thoughts and feelings, completely oblivious to everything around me. that is until a crunch in the snow next to me and a tap on my shoulder snap me out of my trance.

"hey," Gwen greets, a pitiful smile on her face. despite speaking, I haven't seen her in person.

"hi" I reply simply, looking back to the lettering on y/ns grave. she was far too young.

Gwen crouches down next to me and touches her grave. "I miss her. I cared about her so much" she says quietly, tearfully.

"yeah, me too. she cared about you, a lot. you were her best friend" I offer, smiling slightly, remembering all the times she wouldn't shut up about Gwen being such a good friend, being so helpful.. just being Gwen.

"yeah. she was mine too. she never shut up about you. even when you broke up, she talked about you" Gwen chuckles.

I smile softly. I wipe a tear, stopping it from completely falling down my cheek.

"she would've wanted you to move on, now. still care about her, but she would never wish for you to be this guilt-ridden. or upset" Gwen says. I look at her, but she just looks at y/ns grave.

"I know. It's just hard when it feels like my fault. when I feel like I've bought this on myself, her family.. and you too" I say my voice breaking.

"you didn't, peter. she wanted to be with you, no matter what happened to her. you know that. you're not responsible" Gwen reassures, resting her hand on my shoulder, attempting to comfort me.

I nod. "she was deadset on helping me" I chuckle, defeated. Gwen nods in response.

"it seems random right now, but it's not. y/n saved this, and I wanted to give it to you" Gwen smiles, placing something in my hand. I look into my open palm, seeing a flash drive. I look up at the blonde girl in front of me, confused.

"like I said, random. she got the video off the school after you missed my valedictorian speech. I think you will like what it says. you really will, Pete. but I've got to go. you don't have to listen to it, but she would've wanted you to" she explains, before placing her hands on her knees and getting up. I nod at her, and wave bye, before she turns and leaves the graveyard, turning towards times square.

I clutch the USB in my hand tightly, as I flash a glance at her grave with remorse. I wipe my face and begin to leave the graveyard, just as we had done.

(~•~)

walking into mays house, I smile at her softly, greeting her.

"hey, hon. cereal for you on the table there" she smiles sympathetically at me.

I nod, and look at the tv, watching it as many listen. "Russian gangster Aleksei sytsevich was broken out of a classified penitentiary known simply as 'the vault' by an unknown team of people" the tv speaks, showing pictures of the man I notice from the heist when we graduated. "it's yet another example of increased criminal activity since the disappearance of spiderman five months ago. the web-slinger's absence has left a hole in the heart of the city, people leaving posters everywhere for the so-called 'menace' to come back. believe it or not, even the new york city police department has joined the chorus of new yorkers in hoping for the return of the web-slinger. the entire world seems to be asking the same question: where is spiderman?" I listen to everything with shallow breaths. even the NYPD? that's saying something.