Part 10

•chapter 10•

the freezing air being produced by the ac made the cab almost unbearable, especially while stuck in traffic on brooklyn bridge. i really can't be bothered with this. i check my phone, just to see if peter had text me, but as i expected, there was nothing there.

i look out the window, staring at the stationary cars, god it is boring. at least my parents aren't here. brooklyn bridge park is where i find peace from everything, especially with.. recent events.

but you want peter to be here a voice in my head says. honestly, i don't wanna be desperate, but i am.

a high pitched scream shatters my thoughts, and i look towards the direction of it. i see a distraught woman running past the window, and then see multiple other people running in the opposite direction of the cars.

the cab driver gets out the car, as smashing sounds get closer and closer. i try to unclip my seatbelt, but it doesn't budge. i shake it and pull it, but it's not unclipping. i look out the window and see a tall, emerald coloured reptile smashing cars and throwing them into the fast flowing river.

this is not good.

distracted from his destruction, the lizard looks up. i stare at it, confused. why did it stop?

i look in the direction of where the lizard is also looking, and a guy in a skintight red suit. what has the word come to. but, i recognise it to be the guy from the news, the proclaimed 'spiderman'

he shoots a 'web' (i guess you could call it) at the lizard, but it doesn't stop him from his course of mass destruction.

"uh- help!" i yell out the window at spiderman. he looks down at me from the billboard he's standing on, but i catch the lizards attention too. i immediately try and escape my restraints that are keeping me in this damn car, but the lizard gets closer and closer, once again.

he throws cars like they're toys being played with by a toddler, until the cab is the only one left in his path. i pull my seatbelt once again, as he practically gallops over and grabs the car i am in, and my heart drops. this is it, i guess. not the way i thought i'd go, but it happens.

time slows down as my body jolts forward, i let out a scream, which scratches at my throat. the front window view is just water. i close my eyes, ready for the impact, but it never comes.

it never comes?

my body slams backwards and forwards, as if the car has been caught. my neck throbs in pain at the
impact, but i look around, to see spiderman hanging onto the vehicle. he smashes the back window, and the glass rains down on my hair. i put my hands behind my head to cover myself.

"hey! hey!" spiderman comforts. my eyebrows furrow. his voice is familiar somehow?  "let's get you out, okay?" I nod. life first, voice later.

he slowly creeps into the car. my breath starts to get more rapid as the car creeks and wobbles. he gets closer to me, and his arm wraps around my body.

"im gonna unbuckle the seatbelt okay? 3, 2, 1" spiderman counts down. the seatbelt unbuckles, and my heart drops as i feel myself fall out of the seat, but he catches me.

"what's your name?" he asks.

"uh- y/n?" i say like it's a question. however, my skin starts to heat up, i look around, and orange embers surround the car, and it is falling again. i scream again, but spidermans web caught burning automobile, but he was now holding onto his web and his car.

never mind me, he must be terrified.

"y/n!" that voice is eerily familiar. i start thinking about who i would know. my eyes light up and my head shoots toward him. there's only one person who says my name like that.

it's peter.

"y/n! i need you to climb out the car, okay!?" i shake my head. i am absolutely not getting out of a car that's only held by the strength of one person.

"n-no i can't do that!" i run my hand through my hair and my heart picks up the beat.

"yes you can! come on!" the heat starts to get too much. the hot flames exhaled smoke. i hear a part of the vehicle detach from itself and innocently splash into the water.

"peter?" i question. this would be my first time talking to him in almost a week. if i'm about to climb on him to escape death, i need to know who he is. he pulls of the mask quickly, revealing his face. he throws the mask to me, and i catch it with a shaky hand.

"y/n, it's me. come on please" he begs. i grab onto the seat headrest and start to climb. i step onto the burning backseat, but my foot slips, making tingles erupt in my body.

the car creeks, and i feel myself falling, once again. it's like a nightmare. i see peter offer his hand out, but i'm long gone. time slows, and i view a web shoot down into the car. i watch it coming closer, but i'm going down to quickly, surely. dread and anxiety fill me up, noo hope left in my body.

that awful feeling is replaced by relief when the web hits my chest.

i'm lifted out the car, and look down at it as it hits the dark waters, and my attention is back towards peters face, which is getting closer. or, i'm getting closer to him.

i wrap my arms around his neck. it's not the same as last time, but it helps me all the same. he basically cradles my body as we return to the bridge. my heart rate is still fast, but i don't feel as in danger anymore.

"so.. spiderman?" i ask, smiling weakly. it was awkward speaking to him after last week.

"uh... yeah" he chuckles nervously. "i should probably see where he went" peter says awkwardly, pointing in the direction of where the lizard guy went.

as if by habit, i instinctively hug him, wrapping my arms around his body. he hugged me back, telling me we were fine. or as fine as we could be.

"be safe. text me" i murmured into his shoulder. i pull away and he nods sincerely.

"will do. uh- i've got to find that guy" he smiles to me. "i'll talk to you later"

i nod.

"stay safe bug boy"

AYY ACTION CHAP LOL

I couldn't keep them apart too long, sorry 😪😞

stay safe sexies, vote if you want <3