Part 1

TW: parental abuse, slut shaming (kind of?)

as the wind hits my face when i turn the corner of the street, i can't help but wonder why i don't just give up on school. run away from new york, move to somewhere like london or paris. but the unrealistic fantasy is always too far out of reach. i don't exactly have friends who make highschool fun, or the experience worth it.

really, there's one thing that's stopping me from dropping all this and moving someplace else. my brother. he keeps me grounded, i guess. makes all this worth it, knowing i can one day help him, and myself, out of this life.

i'm snapped from my thoughts by a wolf-whistle from the one and only flash thompson. the asshole who made me lose all my friends after saying i fucked their boyfriends. his friends hit his shoulders in congratulations, and he just smirks at me. the only guy i've slept with is flash, unfortunately. and to think i really liked him.

like the dickhead he is, he took advantage of that. i should of seen it coming, to be fair. but when you do think you like someone, you're very shortsighted when it comes to their flaws.

(~•~)

an hour in science goes by quickly when you completely zone out the whole time. the only time i really pay attention is mrs saltzman announces that there is going to be a project. everyone groans and my eyes can't help but roll.

"miss l/n you will be partnered with mr parker and miss..." i don't care to listen to the rest of the names, instead i scan the classroom for parker until his eyes meet mine.

i shuffle over to his table and nod at him, and he does the same back. i just really hope he doesn't ask questions  about flash, or the rumour, or anything like that.

"hi" i say plainly.

"h-hey" he stutters. to cover his embarassment he smiles softly.

"why the stutter, parker?" i ask with half-jokingly.

"no reason, just you're-" he begins, before the bell rings, and our teacher dismesses us. he shrugs, and i do the same, and walk out the classroom.

(~•~)

as it reaches the end of lunch, i sigh in relief. from my bag, i place my skateboard down and set my scuffed, but trusty, vans on the scratched board, however i'm stopped from skating away by commotion behind me. taking out my earphone, i look behind me to see a huddle of people shouting and hollering like a pack of wild animals.

i stay where i'm standing, simply eayching, but i see flash calling over parker from class. i slowly walk over, through the crowd, i get a glimpse of a kid with flash holding him up by the legs.
"hey parker!" flash shouts over the loud crowd. "take a picture!"

"c'mon put him down flash." peter states with a blank, unbothered face. i admire his bravery, but I know this won't end well, it never does with flash. he's a walking danger. i walk closer towards the circle of people.

"i said take a picture parker!" flash hollers, getting increasingly angry, shaking the poor kid by his feet.

"god, put him down! eugene!" The whole crowd 'ooooh's as peter uses flash's real name. this will definitely not end well.

quickly, flash throws down the kid and peter starts walking towards him, seemingly to help him, when flash pushes him backwards, causing him to stumble, and punches him straight in the face and god, that looked like it hurt. peter tries to get up, but is promptly kicked down by flash.

"still... still not taking the picture" peter chokes out as he clutches his stomach in pain. i walk over to peter, but i am stopped by flash.

"oh, look who it is! coming to save her new boyfriend!" flash mocks with a high, prissy voice. "fucking whore" he mutters, laughing.

can anyone be more infuriating?

"really flash? you have to make a mockery of me? because you can't fucking get it up?" i falsely chuckle with spite laced throughout my voice. his face grimaces, and his friends quieten down their rowdiness.

"i-i'm not the one who's slept with half the school though am i? fucked all her friends boyfriends?"

that's it. that hits me like a punch to the face

so i do the same to him, and walk up to flash and punch him in the face. hard. he falls to the ground dramatically and my knuckles start to throb with pain, quickly going red. flash is on the floor, whimpering.

i walk over to peter, offer him help with my non-painful hand, and he takes it, and i pull him up. i nod at him once again, and walk off.

word count: 887