Part 12

•chapter 12•

i rest my head on peters chest as he strokes my hair. nothing actually happened, purely because my parents were in the house.

i look up at his face, and he looks down at me. his singular dimple shines in the dim light, and his smile is enough to being joy to an entire room.

which is why i don't want him gone.

"please promise to stay safe from that lizard thing" i plead. i sit up and adjust my position, so i'm looking at him.

"I can't though.. I helped create him" peter looks down with a sorrowful expression. i cup his cheek, and bring his eyes to meet mine.

"what do you mean?" i ask genuinely, and softly.

"i gave him an equation.." he chuckles sarcastically. "that created all of this" he sighs.

"something my father had been working on, y'know" he says, biting his lip. "secretly. now i realise why it was a secret" he nods. his eyes get glossy and bright, and the biting of his lip gets worse, but he keeps his tears in.

"peter.." i whisper

"hey" he whispers back, holding my hand on his cheek, but slowly bringing it away.

"let's just get out of here" he smiles, and i grin. "let's get out of here" he shakes his head playfully, but the upset tone is still prevalent in his voice.

"if my parents see me sneak out im dead" i mutter.

"you're parents aren't gonna see you, darling" he says in a poor british accent then smirks. i frown in confusion. what the fuck does he mean?

he grabs my hand and leads me to the window, and opens it slowly. he climbs out onto the fire escape and i follow.

wrapping his hands around my waist, he shoots out a web, which hits a tall building. my eyes widen, as my feet are lifted from the ground and gravity is defied. i scream and throw my arms around his neck, causing him to chuckle.

everything around me basically runs past me, making me feel as if i'm flying. air blows in my face, taking my breath away, literally. new york has never seemed this beautiful to me, but with peter, it's different.

it's more than school. it's more than my house. it's more than the skatepark. it's pure beauty.

peter keeps 'flying' around the city, until we get to his street, where he lowers us down.

"that was FUCKING INSANE" i scream.
"you were like" i imitate shooting webs "AND IT FELT LIKE I WAS FLYING THAT WAS SO COOL" i shout again, laughing at the shock. he grins and takes my hand, leading us both to his house.

we get to his door, and he opens it loudly. i give him an 'are you stupid?!' look, and he notices.

"mays not gonna be back tonight, babe" he smirks. pink finds its way to my face at the nickname, and my stomach erupts with fluttery butterflies.

let's see where this goes.

if you know us personally, no you don't 😘

sorry for the short filler chap, just thought i'd add scenes from the movie xoxo

vote if you would like to babes 🥰

word count: 535