Part 16

•chapter 16•

Y/NS POV

still no sign of peter.

strands of webs still are stuck to my clothes, as police cars keep parking outside the school. looking around, i see gwen stacy in the corner of my eye.

"h-hey! gwen!" i shout, running over to her. she turns towards me and smiles softly. "again, thank you, for earlier" i pant.

"oh yeah! no problem. if he's ever being a dic-" my phone starts buzzing in my pocket, cutting her off. i pull it out swiftly, seeing peters name on the screen.

"s-sorry gwen let me take this" i say, answering the phone.

"hey, is there any chance gwen is near you?" he asks.

"yeah she's right here" i speak.

"oh, okay cool. are you somewhere in private?"

weird, but okay?

"yeah give me a second" i smile towards gwen, nodding my head towards a less populated area. she nods, and we walk over. i out peter on speaker.

"yeah, what do you want pete? and where are you? and are you okay?" i ask.

"yeah i'm good, i'm good. i found a hole into the sewers where he came into the school, so i'm tracking him. gwen, you work at oscorp right?"

"yeah?" she questions, with a quirked eyebrow.

"okay, great. do you promise not to tell anyone when i tell you this?" peter asks.

"yeah? oh my god what is it peter?" gwen asks, getting annoyed. i smile at her softly, telling her to trust the process

"okay, that 'hooded vigilante' spiderman? well, that's me. i need an antidote for the lizard, is there anyway you can run a serum?"

"uh- okay then." gwen says in a confused tone. "but, yes, i do it all the time." she adds.

"okay, can you go to oscorp, i need you to access the cross-species file " he pauses letting us take in the information. "it's a blue serum. file 12389"

"okay, got it, on my way. anything else?" she asks.

"yeah, both if you look after yourselves okay?" we hum, and i take him off loudspeaker.

"i love you, okay? be careful" i add, and he replied with the same, hanging up.

(~•~)

i follow gwen around oscorp, feeling out of place with all the modern machinery surrounding me. it was sort of overwhelming.

inserting a card in something, she looks over to me.

"he's gonna be alright. we're gonna be alright" she comforts, smiling positively. she looks back at the doors, which are slowly opening.

my phone buzzes once again, and peter is calling.

"y/n? you need to get out of there. now" he demands.

"the antidotes cooking though?" i question, looking at gwen and the antidote with a timer.

"dr connors is coming to oscorp right now. he needs the dispersement device, he's gonna inefect the whole fucking city" he rambles.

"there's 8 minutes left!" gwen shouts, and i repeat it down the speaker.

"you two are gonna wait there for 8 minutes after what i just told you? people are gonna die, and- just get out! that is an order" he shouts down the phone.

"first if all, i can decide what i want to do to help, second if all, we need to help people get out" i sass, saying the last bit a little louder so gwen could hear.

"did you not h-" i hang up on his demands, and already see gwen sorting out the evacuation alarm. commotion arrives in the corridor, as overworked employees file out the oscorp building.

not even 5 minutes go by, and me and gwen are sitting, staring at the timer on the damn antidote.

suddenly, everything turns pitch black, and the building and floor we're standing on rumbles and shakes. the lights start flickering, and i have a crazy idea. despite not working in oscorp, i have some common sense sometimes. i grab the lighter from gwens hand, and she looks at me, puzzled.

"what the- what the hell are you doing" she whisper yells. i stay in silence, she'll soon know.

i climb on top of a stool and steady myself. i flick the lighter, a familiar noise, and hold it up to a fire alarm. a mist protrudes from multiple sources in the ceiling, making gwen jump a little. the metal doors slam shut, and the whole room is locked. all lights dim, then completely switch off, and blaring alarm lights go off everywhere. i jump off the stool and smile proudly, however the happinesses is broken as soon as gwen grabs onto my arm and drags me to a supply closet.

an electronic voice fills the room with "one minute remaining" i sigh with relief, until my breath hitches when a crunch of iron is made from the doors of the room. i hold my breath, and the scratching if metal gets worse, until a thud comes from the foot of the lizard, stepping into the room.

the lizard walks around the room, and i notice it getting dangerously close to the supply closet we're in. my hand flies to my mouth, as thuds get closer and closer, until green scales are the only thing we can see in the gaps of the closet door. gwen grabs onto my hand, gripping on almost unbearably tight. despite the circumstances, i feel my whole face flush.

the lizard stops, snapping me out of my slight bi panic. my eyes close in fear, and i interlock my fingers with gwen's. however, he carries on walking, leaving me to breathe for a second. large steps get further away, and gwen grip loosens and my hand once again lacks contact.

suddenly, the heavy thuds stop, and i hear a quiet snarl. the floor underneath us starts to shake more, and scaly skin stands before us. the door flings open and the lizard realeases a thunderous roar. a loud flame flies from something gwen is holding. my skin feels as if it is burning, and the lizard gets closer to us. I bit my lip to keep in a scream, and the lizard grabs the dispersement device, and.. leaves?  he backs away from the flame, and I gasp after keeping in my breath.

gwen drops the device in her hand, and catches her breath. after a few seconds, she peeks her head out the closet. as if in cue, a robotic voice fills my ears,

"antidote complete"

HEY! this is probs gon be 2 parts, as we're getting to the end of the first part of late night heartbreak! there will be a second part (the amazing spiderman 2) so stay tuned for that!

remember, drink water, stay safe, and don't forget to vote sexies 😘

word count: 1119