Part 37

a lot of POV changes in this chapter. what can I say it's the movie

PETERS POV

I storm into my room, slamming the door behind me, thankful may is at work. angry tears fall from my face, stinging my eyes and making my vision blurry.

a world without y/n in it. what a pointless world.

I blinked a few times to clear my vision, and my eyes landed on the board that may have previously been so distressed about. part of the board disgusted me. part of it made me angrier.

I clench one of my fists, hitting it to the wall, before grabbing a loose piece of the countless pictures stuck together, and ripping it with as much force as I could muster. my cries turn into small sobs as I rip down the pictures of my parents, the maps of new york, and the pictures of me and y/n.

I stare at the mess on my floor, red tape lining it all. I didn't know it was possible, but more fury built in me. I picked up my father's calculator, which I once took out of his satchel on the first day I ever went skating with y/n, really got to know her, and smashed it against the floor.

parts of the calculator fly across the floor, but it's the coins that fly out that catch my attention.

I pick one up, and inspect it closer, wiping the tears from my face and bringing the coin closer to my eye.

'Roosevelt's secret station' it reads. I stare at it in confusion and shuffle over to my desk with my computer. I sit down and type the words into google.

clicking on the first article, I read what it says out loud. "track 61, a secret subterranean extension of new york's d line train under Pershing square built to transport president franklin Roosevelt away from the public eye, to keep his polio hidden from the American people"

I power off the computer and grab my bag. looks like we're going for a walk.

THIRD PERSON

"MR. Osborn?" Felicia asks, looking towards harry with worry. "you all right? is there anything I can get you?" she asks politely, as he turns around to face her.

"no.. not unless you can bring those spiders back to life" he replies with a lifeless laugh. "spiders?" she asks, a look of confusion now evident on her face.

"the ones that they destroyed... 'to restore investor confidence," he says with a shake of his head. "go home, Felicia. take the day off" he finally says, turning away from her.

"harry. I think there may be another way to get what you're looking for" Felicia says quickly, causing him to snap his head around again. "I overheard Menken talking with one of our security heads. before they destroyed the spiders, they had the venom extracted"

"uh, what? what are you saying?" he asks simply.

"that way, they could comply with the lawsuits, but still keep the data in case it ever became useful, in case it was ever needed" she states, as harry walks over to her. he stands close to her, holding her by her waist. "where is it?" he says slowly. Felicia takes a deep breath, "it's somewhere in the building. it's somewhere off-books called 'special projects'"

harry nods, before Felicia leaves the room, sensing his need for privacy. he walks over to his desk, and swipes on his screen, typing in 'special projects

"special projects. most recent entry: one hour ago" Kari states robotically.

"approved by harry Osborn" harry mutters, reading the text showing up. he sighs slowly, in frustration, rubbing a shaking hand through his messy hair.