Terror

After Miraleigh and Robby had lunch they went shopping, just minding their own business, keeping themselves preoccupied with food and a little bit of shopping. Miraleigh bought a couple of books, Robby was looking for a present for the girl and Robby just wanted her to feel better and wanted to treat her to a surprise. Miraleigh walked to the boy, who was holding a pretzel and a hot chocolate. The girl grinned at Robby,  taking both from him and continuing to grin as he wrapped an arm around her waist. 

After their small little shop, the two went back to the small apartment block. Miraleigh laid down on the bed, Robby brought her into his arms once again and watched movies with the girl, she rested her head on her chest and he rubbed his thumb up and down her skin. Robby stroked Miraleigh's arm, his heart fluttering at her life as she giggled over the movie they were watching. This girl was the definition of perfect, she was more than life itself and he couldn't believe that this girl was so strong and optimistic despite all the shit she's been through. The two glanced up at the door hearing a knock, Miraleigh stayed on the bed watching the movie while Robby went to deal with it. 

"Both of you, follow me." Robby waited for Miraleigh, following Johnny to the main living space and stared at Miguel in irritation. 

"You literally just said they weren't here," Miguel mumbled, throwing his arms about, Miraleigh was getting tired, she just wanted all of this to be over. 

"Yeah, I lied. But it's not my fault you fell for it twice. You guys are right. Tricking you into lunch wasn't my best effort. So I did some interneting. Found a bunch of strategies for building trust and teamwork. The least lame one is called an escape room. How it works." 

"I know what an escape room is and I'm not doing it." 

"That goes double for me." 

"And I don't get why I need to be here, I haven't done anything wrong, My problems are with that bitch Kaylee. Maybe Miguel, after the shit you said, you know I stood up for you with the stuff with your back, and you just decide to be an ass." Miraleigh muttered, rocking back and forth on her heels, watching Miguel go to leave but it didn't work as the door was screwed up. 

"I reversed the doorknobs, it's locked from the inside. And this is the only key." Miraleigh covered her ears as Johnny threw the key down the sink and turned the thingy on. Robby rested his hands on her waist, bringing her hands down to rest by his. 

"I also glued the windows shut too. No one's getting out unless you work together, now as I was saying. Now as I was saying the way it works is, you start with a theme, okay? Our theme is the Lincoln county war." Blazes of Glory started playing, Miraleigh rested against Robby's chest, finding Johnny's action nice but sad as she knew this shit wouldn't work. 

"New Mexico territory, 1878. Lincoln county regulator. José Chavez y Chavez and Josiah 'Doc' Scurlock have been arrested to be hanged. You're Chavez, obviously." 

"This is just the plot of Young Guns 2" Miguel was not impressed. 

"Shit you saw it?" 

"Yeah, with you!" 

"Who cares? Dad, you're missing the point. You could lock us in here forever and we're never gonna be friends." 

"Yeah, why are you suddenly pushing this so hard?" 

"Because me and your mum, we're all sort of on our way to becoming a family." Miraleigh wasn't stupid, the way Johnny hesitated only meant one thing, yet she didn't say anything. 

"A family? Me and him? Are you joking?" 

"Maybe not the traditional kind." 

"No, not any kind. I mean, you two have your thing, whatever. But if you keep forcing this, all you'll do is get his ass kicked." 

"Ready when you are runner up." 

"Name the time and place." Miraleigh grabbed Robby's flannel and pulled him back as he approached Miguel. He backed off, glancing to the door as Rosa walked in. 

"I am Billy the Kid and I have a riddle for you!" Miraleigh smiled at the lady but walked away with Robby. Miraleigh sat on his bed, staring at him and frowned as he paced angrily. 

"Love, take a deep breath, please don't worry about that stuff. Miguel isn't what you need to worry about, just yourself and you and I." Robby turned to look at her, he sat next to her and pulled her closer to him. Miraleigh kissed his lips, smiling at him, holding onto his hands as she stared at him. 

"I'm sorry." He whispered, sitting next to her, cradling her in his arms, Miraleigh kissed his arm and looked up at him with a gentle grin. Miraleigh took a nap while Robby held her, he read a book while holding the girl in his arms, checking in on her whenever she moved slightly. An air horn broke the peaceful silence, Miraleigh jumped awaking swearing at the fright she was given and looked at Robby tiredly. They both walked outside to see what the problem was. 

"You two, stay put, Miraleigh stand over there." Miraleigh looked at Robby worriedly but sat on the ground behind Johnny and watched the boys.

"You wanna hang on to your grudge? Fine. At least be men about it. Put your fists where your mouths are."

"You want us to do what?"

"Fight it out. No points. No mats. Just keep fighting until you get it out of your systems." Miraleigh watched as the two boys started fighting, her heart clenched slightly, standing up and moving back as Johnny egged them on. The kick to Robby's face was all he needed to get more violent. Miraleigh watched intensely, feeling sick as they kept fighting. Even worse when they got to the balcony.

"Stop it! Please! Stop it!" Miraleigh begged, fearing for Robby as he went into Miguel's position instead of being the one being beaten up. Miraleigh pushed past Johnny as he went running up the stairs. Miraleigh stared at the boys, fear in her eyes, much like Robby as Miguel prepared himself for the final move.

Miguel dropped his guard, staring at Robby, and glanced at Miraleigh for a second before looking back at the boy. The fear on Miraleigh's face broke him, even if he didn't know the girl well anymore it was enough to change his mindset. Miguel could hear quiet pleas coming from Miraleigh she was struggling and obviously couldn't move. She was frozen and watching intensely as the fight halted for a moment. The emotions were rising in everyone, he didn't want to do this all over again, he couldn't do it again.