Home

Miraleigh was coping, she still called and texted him every day. She knew Daniel was looking for him, though he wouldn't give her much information. She went to school everyday, standing up for herself and Robby. Not letting him get attacked, no matter if he was there or not. People ignored her, no longer whispering at the sight of her. She was honestly slightly glad to see that Miyagi Do was closed down, It made things easier on her, she didn't want to do karate again. She was scared and didn't want to have to deal with much things anymore.

She giggled as she watched a video of the two. Samantha filmed the two play fighting, Robby grinning as she tried to escape his arms as he tickled her. She placed her phone in her pocket, standing up ready to enter the hospital. She had to get her wounds checked out, making sure no infection has grown. 

She walked past a hospital room, a voice calling her. She stopped in her tracks, turning back around and gasped seeing Miguel awake. She walked in and smiled gently at him. 

"Hey Miguel." She quietly said, sitting at a chair and looked at him. 

"Are you okay?" She asked, he nodded and sighed. 

"Yeah, can't feel my legs. Don't really know the news on that."

"I want to apologise for what happened at the party. I wasn't thinking, I was drunk-" 

"It's okay, really. Don't apologise." He reassured, she nodded slightly and sighed. 

"I need to go for an appointment, I hope things turn out well for you." He nodded and watched her walk out. She had her appointment, smiling to hear everything was okay. She walked past the theatre she used to work out, smiling at the memories when she first saw him. 

Robby's POV

I sat across from my mum, staring  at the ground as I ate a sandwich. I watched my phone buzz, i watched her name appear across the screen and frowned as I waited it out. I listened to every voice mail, hearing her soft voice kept me going. I read every message from her, glad that I could turn off the thing that says I've read the message. I wanted to text her back, tell her I'm okay and that she didn't need to worry. But I couldn't lie to her, I wasn't okay and she does need to worry. 

"It's going to be okay, Robby. We'll figure this out, I promise." Mum said

"I'll be right back, just keep eating." She walked off, leaving me behind. I grabbed my phone, opening up my texting conversation with Miraleigh and started typing. I pressed send, turning the power off on my phone and shoved my phone into my pocket and kept eating. 

"Hey." I looked up to see Daniel and immediately looked down. He sat in front of me, sighing. 

"Nice cut." I internally grimaced at how awkward he was being. 

"Sorry you've been stuck clearing up my mess. I'll pay you back for the van." I couldn't meet his eye. 

"I didn't think that van was your style anyway. I know it must've been rough on you out there..." 

"Is Miraleigh okay?" I asked, my thoughts clouded with pictures and memories of her. 

"She's coping as best as she can, she needs you Robby and you know you need her. We're all worried for you. Your dad too. Robby, I need to apologise to you."

"But I caused all this. I kicked Miguel-" 

"I know you blame yourself for what happened. What I said to you the last time we saw each other, that was terrible. I'm so sorry." 

"But you were right it was a mistake trying to help me. I can't change." 

"We all make mistakes Robby, but our mistakes aren't who we are. You can learn from your mistakes and I can help you with that. I will. Listen. This next part is gonna be really, really hard, okay? But this is the best way forward. I spoke to a lawyer and he explained to be that it's.." I heard a radio and turned around seeing a cop. The chair I was sitting on fell over and I looked at Daniel. Feeling hurt and betrayed. 

"What did you do?" I asked, shaking my head. 

"I told them you'd turn yourself in. Trust me, this sentence will be much lighter."

"No, no, no! I can't!" 

"You can, you have to! Think of Miraleigh, you'll see her sooner this way." 

"You kept me talking so I wouldn't leave." I tried running, but the cop grabbed hold of me and I felt the cold metal cuffs wrap around my wrists and all my anger bubble up. 

"Robby, this is only temporary. I will get you through this, okay? I will visit you every day, I promise." 

"Don't bother." I said glaring at him. Mum followed me, trying to reassure me. 

Third person's POV 

Miraleigh's phone rang, she opened it and smiled seeing a text message. She felt tears well up in her eyes, seeing the message from Robby. Made her happy to hear that he was still alive and hopefully well. 

She hugged her phone close to her chest, smiling and sighed softly. She wasn't mad at him, she knew he was probably scared and annoyed with himself. Wanting to hide, from everyone and everything. She figured he thought she was ashamed of him, which she wasn't. She placed her phone in her pocket and stood up. Walking to the bathroom and lifted up her shirt, she looked at her scar and traced her fingers over it. The scar tissue was still tender, she placed her shirt back down and splashed her face with some water. 

She walked to the pool, placing her feet in and thought to herself. She hummed quietly, looking up hearing the wind chimes sing in the wind. She was jumpy, noises startling her and she felt goosebumps run up her arms. 

The rest of the day went by, things felt well for Miraleigh. After receiving the message from Robby, she felt good and hoped he would return home soon.