Hardware store

Sam doesn't join the dojo until later. 

Once they arrived to the store, Daniel sent Miraleigh to get some paint brushes and some wax while he got Robby to help him with some wooden planks. Miraleigh smiled to herself, looking at the paintbrushes and grabbed the ones Daniel asked for. She held them in her hand, then started looking for some cans of wax. 

"Excuse me, Miraleigh. Is that you?" I looked to the side and saw a woman, I placed the can down and looked at her with a frown. I knew who she was the minute I looked at her, I crossed my arms across my chest and sighed. 

"Hi mum." I stated, waiting for her to say something. 

"You've grown up so well." She stated, I scoffed and looked away from her. 

"Where were you the last eight years of my life? Did you know dad was like that? Did you ever want me?" She smiled sadly, pity in her eyes. 

"I did want you but your father told me you didn't." I rolled my eyes, shaking my head. 

"I did want you! You know he's a lying bastard, I hated living with him! My entire childhood has been lies, I can't do it. He's lied to me, I can't believe what you're saying. If you really did love me, you would've come and taken me away from him." Her mother nodded, knowing her daughter spoke the truth. Miraleigh gasped slightly, shaking her head and grabbed what she needed. 

"Don't bother trying and getting in touch with me. I've never need you anyway, I've looked after myself." She searched for Robby and Daniel, only to see Robby talking with his father. She stopped in her tracks and watched them. Robby saw Miraleigh, walked up to her and took the can from her hands and led her away. 

"You wanna talk about it?" She gently asked, his muscles where tense. But he shook his head, smiling gently at the girl. 

"I could hear you, are you alright?" 

"I speak when you speak." He chuckled and nodded 

"Fair enough." She smiled triumphantly and grinned at him. He chuckled with a smile, nodding and paid for the things. Miraleigh carried the paintbrushes, while Robby carried the can of wax. 

"He told me that he's trying to change, he still hates Mr. LaRusso. It's all he cares about, his feud with him." She rubbed his back and he smiled gently at her. Calming down at her touch, he was glad he had her and she was as well.

"Your turn." She nodded and spoke. 

"My mum was in the store, she knew that dad is what he is and she never wanted me. She never loved me, but I told her I didn't need her and that I never did." He frowned but nodded and wished she had it differently.

"You've got me." She blushed and nodded looking at him. 

"And you've got me." Miraleigh grinned, he smiled and nodded. They placed the things in the car, hopped in. Robby soon followed her, hopping in the front and smiled gently. Daniel gave them a break, letting them do whatever the hell they wanted to do. It soon became night and they decided to fix everything up. Miraleigh was doing some kata in the garden. Trying to clear her mind, thinking of things the she found peaceful. She jumped hearing the boys behind her, talking about karate. 

"You two will be spending a lot of time here, so get some rest." Her eyes lit up, she usually hides away in her apartment during the holidays. She was looking forward to be do something, especially seeing as it was a passion she liked to do. 

"I'm looking forward to it." She grinned, Robby nodded in agreement and walked helped Miraleigh to her house. She hugged him, a small smile on her lips. He hugged her back and waved goodbye. He started heading to his own place, he smiled happily thinking of how strong Miraleigh is and how much she pushes through the crap in her life. He admired it a lot, it made him know that she will be okay. Even if it hurts, that she will be okay.

"She's beautiful." He whispered, smiling as he thought about his feelings for her. Whenever he first lays eyes on her in the morning. His palms get sweaty, his heart rate increases and he gets butterflies in his stomach. Since she came into his life, it had slowly started to improve. Robby, smiled even thinking about her he got butterflies. 

Robby was falling pretty hard for the girl, he wanted to tell her. But didn't want to ruin anything that he had already developed with her. He was terrified of losing her, she's important to him and losing her would be his worse nightmare. He had some dinner, showered and got into some more comfortable clothes and fell asleep. 

Miraleigh made some dinner, sat on the couch and ate it. It was quiet outside, usually there's a party at one of the apartments. She was too used to it being loud  that not hearing anything worried her. She had a quick shower, got into her pyjamas and laid on her bed. She groaned seeing her blinds were open, she stood up and pulled on the string then jumped back as they fell off the hinges. She huffed, laid back down and eventually fell asleep. 

The next morning, she woke up and got dressed for later on in the day. Miraleigh grabbed the mail and began looking through it. She saw an eviction notice, her eyebrows furrowed confused. She had been working hard enough to pay the bills, Miraleigh's heart broke. Where did she go wrong? She placed the mail back in the slot, not wanting to deal with it at the moment. Her phone rang, she picked it up and placed it to her ear. 

Miraleigh hung up immediately, it was pretty much a phone call about her eviction notice. 

"Please talk to me." I turned around and saw mum, I scoffed and glared at her. 

"Stay away from me, when I needed you I didn't have you. So I don't need you now." She was about to walk away but her mother's voice captured her attention. 

"I see the way you look at Robby, your eyes are filled with love." Miraleigh turned to her, pointing a finger at her. 

"You stay away from me, you stay away from him. Just leave me alone, my life is my concern. Whatever you want to say to me, I won't listen. You lost the chance of controlling my life long ago." 

"He'll run from you, then who will you have?" Miraleigh turned back to her, stomping over to her.

"You know nothing about him, he cares for me. It's the truth and he wouldn't ditch me like you did." Her mother smirked, then played it off with a shrug. 

"Just wait and see." Miraleigh gave her the finger and walked off.