Travel

Miraleigh was in the kitchen placing some popcorn in a bowl, Robby was making some drinks for the two of them to share and once they were done both had sat down on the couch. Cuddling together as they watched a movie, Robby finally listened to Miraleigh, he stopped apologising but he still felt incredibly guilty for everything that he did to her. He knew that it would stay with him forever, no matter what Miraleigh said about the situation being okay, it wouldn't change how bad he still felt. 

There we still many areas that Robby needed to work on in his life, he needed to work on his anger, his guilt, and his regret and build his relationship back up with Miraleigh. That was his main goal, but he knew it would get to where it was if he didn't focus on the smaller things first. 

Robby kissed Miraleigh's cheek, smiling softly as she hummed in response and moved her head to rest her head on his chest. Robby rubbed her arm, softly tracing patterns on her skin, both glanced to the door hearing a knock and knowing that only a very few knew where they lived, it got them worried whenever someone knocked on the door. It was how they grew to react under the current circumstances and it was the only way they could get by when it came to visitors. 

The boy stood up, watching as Miraleigh sat on the couch, watching the door in caution and also looking out for Robby if he needed help. Robby opened the door slightly, stunned, to say the least at the face on the other side. 

"Dad?" Robby questioned, Miraleigh walked over to Robby, placed a hand on his shoulder and looked at the older man. Miraleigh smiled softly at the man and watched Robby for his reaction. 

"Robby, I want you to come on a road trip with me, Miraleigh can come as well. I want to make it up to you and get to know both of you." Robby stared at his dad slightly shocked, he turned to Miraleigh who just nodded and gave him a reassuring smile. 

"Uh, yeah... okay. sure." Robby grabbed Miraleigh's hand, she squeezed it gently and gave him a soft smile. 

"Pack your stuff, we'll go as soon as we can." Miraleigh glanced at Robby as he let Johnny in, he took the apartment in, he knew that two teens couldn't do this by themselves, but he also knew he didn't have the right to question them both. The two grabbed out a duffel each, packing them with clothes and other essentials. 

"What about Willow? We can't just leave her here, she needs food and Johnny hasn't said anything about how long we're gonna be. No... you know what? I can stay here... you go and I'll look-" Robby grabbed her shoulders lightly, causing her to look at him and he kissed her forehead to shut her up which he did. 

"I'll get my mum to look after her, you don't have to worry, promise you. She's been fed, she can go out on the balcony to do her business, we have that thingy remember and tomorrow mum can look after her. We'll leave a key in the lamp outside our door or something, okay?" Miraleigh took a shaky breath and nodded, Robby once again kissed her forehead before they added a couple more things to their bags.

Both changed, getting into something a little more comfortable and practical, rather than their pyjamas. Miraleigh glanced at Robby as he zipped both bags up, and then sat next to her, Robby took her hand and gave her a reassuring smile. 

"Sweetheart, do you really want to do this?" Miraleigh nodded, sighing as he hugged her and hugged him back, finding some comfort in his embrace. 

"This is your choice, your life that needs support, your father. It's up to you if you want him in your life and if you want to improve things with him. Which I know you do, so we're gonna go and hopefully not get ourselves in any trouble from random shit." Robby chuckled lightly, he pecked her lips and grabbed her shoes handed them to her and smiled as she stood up to grab something from their cupboard.

"Robby?" He glanced at the girl, smiling to himself as he saw her eyes that begged for help, he kissed her lips and grabbed his jacket off the top shelf. He placed it on her, smiling softly as he kissed her lips, Miraleigh stared up at him and hummed slightly, he rolled the sleeves up and hummed contently. 

The girl kissed his lips, grabbed the bags and made a sound as Robby took both and walked out of the room with her. Johnny was looking at photos that the two had taken and decorated the place with, he was holding the stuffed toy dog Robby got her ages ago and had looked at the paperwork on the counter that was just school stuff Miraleigh was teaching to Robby. It felt like a home here, something Johnny knew both had never truly experienced. 

"Uh, sorry." He muttered placing the toy down, Miraleigh shrugged and bent down to say goodbye to Willow. She didn't like being away from the animal, the dog was a creature of comfort. It made everything better for her, Willow was there when she needed her most and when she was living on the streets for a brief moment of time. 

"Hey, she's gonna be okay, promise." Robby kissed her forehead and scratched Willow behind her ear and made sure she had water and the dog door to the balcony was open. Miraleigh whispered goodbye, and left with Johnny and Robby, getting into the van for the little field trip. Miraleigh sat in the back, a blanket drawn over her lap and a book in her hands. The start of the trip was awkward, the music was playing and Johnny tried to make conversation but only received simple answers from Robby and Miraleigh tuned out the world. 

They'd been driving for a couple of hours, the girl had fallen asleep her head resting against the window and her book falling from her hands. Robby glanced back to see how she was doing, smiling softly at her sleeping form. 

"Dad, could you pull into a motel? We need to take a break it will be better for all of us." Robby questioned, more so doing this for the girl rather than him or Johnny. 

"Mhm." Johnny pulled into a motel car park, and Robby walked over to Miraleigh, rocking her gently and waiting for her to wake up as Johnny paid for a room. Miraleigh stirred slightly, glancing at him with an unpleased look, Robby chuckled and helped her out. She walked hand in hand with him, following Johnny to their room for the night. Miraleigh walked over to the connecting room, and Robby followed after but was grabbed by Johnny before he could go and be with the girl. 

"What?" Robby questioned, looking his father up and down, Johnny sighed and glanced at the boy. 

"No funny business, " Robby rolled his eyes, with a slight smile and walked over to the other room, closed the door and kicked his shoes off to lie in bed next to Miraleigh. She moved closer to him, taking a deep breath as he rested his chin on the top of her head as she rested her forehead on his chest, smiled slightly as she wrapped his arms around his waist in a hug and fiddled with the back of his shirt. 

"Sweetheart?" Robby whispered, she nodded against his chest, listening to his heartbeat and waiting for him to talk. The boy took a couple of deep breaths, just caressing her skin lightly with his thumb and drifting in the silence for a few moments. 

"What do you want to do about the apartment? If Kreese is in... he's in prison and... we can't- the money won't be coming through anymore and It's better that we plan now if we need it." Miraleigh nodded, sighing as she knew it was correct, the girl thought for a few moments and fiddled with his shirt a little bit longer. 

"You'll move in with Johnny, you two are already doing better and I know that you'll be father and son as you wanted it soon. I'll... I don't know what I'll do but we're gonna be okay." The girl whispered tiredly, drifting into sleep as she didn't fully focus on what he was saying.