Anger

Mentions of neglect 

Miraleigh felt her heartbeat increase as she stared at the man, she felt sick in the stomach, she could feel her hands shake and the rest of her body freeze with fear. Robby looked at her, seeing the paleness that had formed. He could see her shaking, and a few tears slip from her eyes. Robby wanted to hold her and tell her it would be alright, but he didn't want to make a scene and knew she wouldn't want to have one be made. Miraleigh, quickly composed herself, placed on a cold look and stared at the man who she'd never consider her father. 

"With three senseis, you will receive thrice the instruction. That means thrice the work. And if you are not prepared to put in 300% then you can leave right now." 

"But if you dig in and follow our lead, we're gonna take you to the next level." 

"And, this gives a chance to start anew, where you can fully let go of the past and move on." Miraleigh rolled her eyes, ignoring William's speech and did the class, once finished she grabbed her stuff and walked into the back room. She threw her bag down and let a strangled scream escape her lips, pushed the punching bag over then threw the punching dummy at the lockers. Miraleigh stared at Robby and Kenny, not caring if she made a scene or anything. 

"Kenny, could you give us a moment, please?" Robby asked, he nodded and walked out, the older boy could see Miraleigh with a dead look in her eyes, he walked over and kept his distance because he knew she was needing space as much as she was needing contact. 

"What happened at school today?" He calmly asked, she sniffled, slid off her gi top, she did so without fear as she had a singlet on. The girl showed the bruise to him on her arm, he clenched his jaw, seeing the mark Hawk gave her. He gently touched it, watching as she finched away with a grimace. 

"What else did he do?" Robby sternly asked, she glanced at him as he placed her gi back on for her and then Robby waited for her response. 

"Nothing, he just said a bunch of shit that got to my head." She informed, he sighed and placed a hand on her face, but she stepped away. Regretting it as she saw the hurt look on Robby's face. 

"I'm just gonna break down if you do that," Miraleigh whispered, hugging herself as she could feel her rage dying down. 

"How do you feel about...?" 

"I don't want to talk about it, not right now anyway." Robby nodded, then watched as fixed her mess up and walked into the main part of the dojo. Miraleigh did some kata, trying to soothe her mind and relax from her raging thoughts. Miraleigh opened her eyes, staring her father dead in the eye. 

"Hi, Miraleigh." He sneered, Miraleigh scoffed and glared at the man. 

"Hi, William. Why are you here?" 

"Your grandfather thought it would be best to bring all the family together, also to say that you're not eighteen yet and I'm not going back to prison so until you turn eighteen. I'm still your legal guardian and if I even do something remotely illegal like shoplifting, I'm going back in there and I don't wanna go back there because I couldn't look after my daughter. So, pack up your shit and go back to that shit box of an apartment." 

"No, I'm fine with how I'm living, I don't care if you get arrested again. I don't care what happens to you, I'm not your daughter and your not my father, I have no family and I don't need family." William raised an eyebrow and shook his head, laughing at the girl. 

"I don't give a shit if you don't want to live with me, I'm not being arrested again and you're still my daughter." 

"Hate to break it to you, I'm not, If you weren't arrested for neglecting me for all those years, you won't be now." 

"Oh, I will be, I've got a parole officer and everything." 

"So, does that mean you're not fit to be a parent? Seeing as you're on parole?" Miraleigh asked, watching as he shook his head. 

"No, I've been cleared to take you back into care, they think you've been living with the LaRusso's but now it's time for a change." 

"To change what? Nothing's changing, you are still a selfish bastard and you never gave a shit about me. So, I am not going back there." 

"I've heard that you're a pretty skilled fighter, show me what you got." Miraleigh got into her fighting stance, blocking his kicks and punches then, then threw a hook kick. A yelp escaped her lips as he hit the crook of her leg. The girl performed a sidekick to his knee, which caused him to buckle to the ground. The girl hit him in the throat with the web of skin between her thumb and index finger. He wheezed, the girl didn't hit hard enough to need an ambulance but enough that there'd be discomfort for a while. 

"Man can't breathe, he can't fight." She hissed, raising her hand to perform a palm heel strike but stopped and stepped back from the man. 

"What happened still care about me? Come on! You've said it yourself, I'm an ass! Don't show me mercy!" He wheezed, Miraleigh glared at the man, then swiftly turned around hearing clapping. 

"Great job, Miss. Johnson! You've already mastered two of my rules!" Miraleigh looked at Robby who was standing next to Silver, Terry gave a smirk and continued clapping. William slowly stood up and Miraleigh kept her hands up in a fighting position. Slowly walking backwards to keep herself safe. She made sure her back wasn't to any of them, the girl only trusted Robby. 

"Relax, Miss. Johnson, we're not gonna hurt you." Silver reassured, yet Miraleigh shook her head. 

"I'm leaving and you're not getting me back into your life." She stated, walking out with her bag over her shoulder. Robby ran after her, took her hands and held her in his arms. She clutched onto his gi shirt, a sob escaping her lips and her body started shaking. 

"Why is he here? I've been so good, I've been happy with you and not having him in my life. Now, they're playing some psychological game! I'm sick of the psychological games Robby." The boy took her home, letting her relax and cry in his arms. Robby knew the girl needed to cry before she would open up, so he whispered sweet nothings into her ear as he rested his hand on her upper arm, moving his thumb up and down to comfort her.

Robby kissed her cheek every once in a while, rubbed her arms and stayed with her until she fell asleep. He waited a few minutes, just to make sure she wouldn't wake up as he thought about going out for a little bit. Robby laid her down on the couch, making sure she was comfy, then placed a blanket over her. He kissed her forehead, trailed his finger across her facial features, then left the apartment. 

The boy decided to pay his dad a visit, so he could tell him to tell Hawk and the others to back off and leave the people he cares about alone. Sure, Robby felt the need to be Kenny's mentor and he didn't like hearing Hawk and others were bullying Kenny and hurting him. But, Miraleigh, he needed to protect and needed to look after. So hearing that Hawk attacked her, bruised her even got him pissed and needed to give a warning.

When Miraleigh eventually woke up, Robby was walking into the living room, after having done some cooking. He smiled at her, sat down next to her and smiled as she kept the blanket wrapped around her. Miraleigh hugged him, the blanket slipping off of her shoulders.