Familiar Faces

Mentions of periods, menstrual bleeding and cramps

The pain in Miraleigh's back had disappeared, she could move normally again without assistance and could do karate without feeling any pain. Robby and Miraleigh laid together in bed, sleeping away. Robby had an arm loosely wrapped around Miraleigh's waist, she stirred awake to a pain she was all too familiar with, she winced in pain and annoyance. She sat up, gently pushing Robby's arm off her, then slipped out of bed. She turned on the torch on her phone, looking at where she lies in bed and groaned. 

She felt guilty, gross and pathetic. The girl placed her phone down, switched on a lamp and rocked Robby awake. He looked at her, squinting his eyes at the light that's illuminating the room.

"What's wrong?" He questioned, slowly sitting up, she shook her head feeling embarrassed to tell him what's happened.  

"Could you sleep on the couch tonight? You did nothing wrong, I just gotta do something." He sat up, looking at her confused and then rested a hand on her cheek. 

"Please, just for tonight." He nodded, hearing the emotions in her voice, Robby grabbed his pillow walked out and left Miraleigh to her own devices. She took all the sheets off, dumped them onto the ground and quickly ran to the bathroom to shower and feel better. While Miraleigh was showering, Robby walked into the bedroom, finishing off the job Miraleigh started and cleaned the bloodstains on the dirty sheets. The boy also cleaned her shorts, then grabbed an old sweatshirt and sweatpants. He grabbed a pair of her underwear, then knocked on the door holding the clothes in his arms. 

"It's me, sweetheart, can I come in?" Miraleigh had a towel wrapped around her body, she opened the door, smiling sheepishly at him. 

"Sorry." She whispered, resting her head on the doorframe. 

"Don't apologise, you could've told me, I would've helped. Sweetheart, It's natural and you don't have to sneak around to fix it up. I've done it all, finish up in here, then we'll lay in bed and cuddle." He whispered, she smiled and nodded shyly. Robby handed her the clothes and then waited in the bedroom. 

Miraleigh got herself fixed up for the night, walked into the bedroom and flopped on the bed. Robby brought her into his arms, kissed her forehead and then continued to hold her. He looked down, hearing quiet whimpers, he rubbed her back. Holding her close to him. 

"What's wrong?" He gently asked, she sniffled shaking her head. 

"Stupid emotions." He nodded, chuckling softly, smiling as she heard a half-laugh almost sob sound escape her lips. 

"I love you, Robby." 

"I love you more." 

The next day, Miraleigh got herself prepped for the day, making sure her karate gi pants had coverage just in case of a leakage. Robby smiled at her, as she walked into the kitchen, she smiled back and bent down, as Willow plopped at her feet, her belly facing the ceiling. Miraleigh rubbed her belly, smiling as the dog seemed to have a grin. 

They two made their way to the dojo, Miraleigh stopped in her tracks, surprised to see Oliver in the dojo with his own gi. He gave a wave to her, then continued doing what he was doing. She shook it off, placed her back down and got to the line, Robby took over the class going off drills and formations. At some point in the class, Kreese's voice rang through the air. 

"Mr. Keene, you have a visitor. Miss. Johnson, take over." Miraleigh nodded and swapped places with him, but the entire class stared at the kid. Miraleigh's felt her heartbreak seeing the boy from the other day, she shook her head. A sigh escaped her lips.