Temperature Training

Miraleigh was at the dojo, earlier than everyone. She gasped seeing Kreese, he looked over at her and lit a cigar. She watched him cautiously, taking steps back as  he came closer to her. She knew he was up to something, probably to give Daniel some warning and message. 

"Miraleigh, how are you? My favourite granddaughter." He had a smirk on his lips, causing the girl to look at him in disgust. 

"What do you want?" She asked, hoping no one would come. She wasn't proud that Kreese was her grandfather, wasn't exactly proud of her family all together. 

"LaRusso doesn't know yet does he?" He chuckled evilly and dusted his cigar off. 

"He'll find out soon enough, then you'll have to come running to me. Your only family that offers to look after you." Miraleigh knew it was true, her mother didn't want her. Her father was still locked up and he was the only family she had left. 

"You are not my family, I will never want to have anything to do with you." She turned on her heel and walked away. A few hours later she was sitting next to Robby, hiding underneath a tree with all the others. She was sweating, a headache pounding in her head and she was extremely hot. Robby handed her the water bottle, letting her drink some of it before she handed it back to him. 

"Alright, guys, get out from underneath that tree. It's time to get to work." They all stood up, groaning slightly from the heat. 

"Mr. LaRusso, please it's like a hundred degrees out. Can we take it easy?." Robby asked. 

"Are you kidding? This heat wave is a gift. Today you are going to experience Shochu-Geiko." Daniel explained. 

"Like the car insurance?" Chris asked. 

"Shochu-Geiko is a Japanese exercise where you train during the hottest days of the year. It's about pushing yourself to your limit. The fight isn't always gonna come when it's 75 degrees and breezy. " He continued to explain. 

"Aren't we supposed to avoid fighting?" Samantha asked. 

"Sometimes you can't. Somedays the fight may come to you. And I wanna make sure you're ready. So, today, we're gonna see what Miyagi-Do is made of." They all stood in a circle, Robby in the centre, they each had their own number given by Daniel. Robby had taken his shirt off, causing Miraleigh to blush violently. But she shook her head, focusing easily. 

"Two!" One of the boys went to fight, but Robby easily blocked the boy's punched and got him instead. Robby helped him up and then got  back into a stance. 

"Eight!" Miraleigh ran forward, going to throw a punch. Which distracted Robby and she threw a kick. Getting him in the stomach. He smirked grabbing hold of her leg, causing her eyes to widened as she realised the position she was in. She licked her lips, knowing this would hurt Robby and hurt her too. She used the leg that was holding her up, kicked Robby's legs from underneath him and he hit the ground. She ended up sitting on top of him and smirked back that she got him. She stood up, getting him up and winked. 

"Alright, Demetri." He took Robby's place and pretty much got his ass handed to him. Miraleigh groaned as he hit the ground, feeling his pain. 

"Dad, can we take a break. This heat is brutal." Samantha asked, Daniel watched them all and gave a little smile. He took them to a freezer room, they all now complained about the coldness. Miraleigh honestly preferred the cold and found it easier to deal with. 

"So, you couldn't take the heat of Shochu-Geiko, perhaps you'll find Kangeiko more to your liking." Most of them shivered, Miraleigh rubbing her arms and trying to fight against the temperate. 

"Are there no 'geikos' that are in a spa?" Sam asked. 

"It's not about the heat or the cold. It's about adapting to the environment around you and using that to your advantage. Look around, what do you see?" Daniel asked. 

"Frozen London Broil." Chris answered. 

"No, not the meat. Look past that. I see the exhalation of breath. The twitch of a muscle, the change of a stance. If you lean into the cold, I will tighten your senses. And then you'll anticipate the moment before your opponent strikes. And you'll always be ready." Daniel's phone rang, causing him to walk off. They gathered in a circle, Miraleigh in the middle. She moved around, looking to see if anyone would come. 

"One." Samantha went to go for her, Miraleigh threw a punch and Samantha blocked it. Miraleigh then kneed Sam in the stomach as she was trying to restrict Miraleigh's movements. 

"Good, Miraleigh!" Samantha stood back and Miraleigh waited again. 

"Five." Miraleigh blocked Robby's kick, the continued to keep blocking each other's punches and kicks. She got his arm locked and he had blocked her other arm. They stared into each other's eyes and then stepped back smiling. 

"Good job, let's get Demetri in there." They changed spots, Demetri barley holding his arms out to defend. One of the boys kicked him in the stomach and Miraleigh sighed hoping he would finally understand and try harder. Daniel continued trying to encourage him but it wasn't working. 

"Mr. LaRusso, I can't do this. Between the cold and the shouting and the hole in my sock. I'm not sure when that happened but it's real uncomfortable. 

"Demetri, you are the most neurotic person that I know. You always expect the worst. But you could use that to your advantage. It means you anticipate. Think of it as a spidy-sense."

"Actually, in the comic, they call it spider sense." He corrected. 

"Look, Demetri, this isn't about who's fastest and who's strongest. This is about instincts. It's about using what's in here. You think you could do that?" Demetri nodded and was finally able to block and do something. He blocked Chris' punch and punched him in the stomach. He got too excited and then got kicked in the stomach. They took a break, Miraleigh glancing at him.

Robby smiled at Miraeligh and rubbed his head. 

"You really know how to take someone down." She chuckled a playful smirk on her lips.

"I'm awesome. I know." He chuckled kissing her forehead and winked. 

"Are you okay though?" She asked, he gave her a hug and nodded. 

It was now night time, Miraleigh was sitting on the bed in Robby's room. She smiled, watching him fold his clothes and tucked some hair behind her ear. 

"Which one did you enjoy most?" She asked, he looked over at her and smiled placed his shirt down. He sat next to her, wrapping an arm around her waist. He kissed her cheek, chuckling as she blushed. 

"I liked the heat." He softly whispered, she nodded resting her head on his shoulder. 

"You?" he added on.

"The cold." He grinned and hugged her gently. 

"I'll see you in a little bit, I gotta do some things." He nodded, pecking her lips gently and watched her walk away. Miraleigh showered got changed and then walked down the stairs to say goodnight to Robby. She saw Sam waving to him and eyed him suspiciously as he held something in his hand. He smiled at her, then kissed her lips gently. 

"Goodnight." She whispered with a smile.

"Goodnight." He whispered back and gave her a hug before she walked up the stairs and chuckled slightly as she tripped going up. 

"You saw nothing." She said turning around, looking at him with a smile. He chuckled some more and continued to watch her leave from his eye sight.