tulips

after consistently partying, y/n had finally gotten a job at a market. The name of the market is 'Jones Fisher' they sell fish and lobster, she works up in the front. y/n doesn't really care about how much she's getting paid, money is money.
joey has been downstairs a lot more, being a musician. He does some chores here and there, I'm thankful he does something.

I go outside, taking my pack of cigarettes with me. I grab one from the pack and begin to smoke. I hear the door open behind me, it's joey. He hugs me from behind kissing, then he grabs my cigarette out of my hand and says "it's cold, go inside." I just roll my eyes and go back inside. It's getting colder outside, the weather is changing. I mean it's already November, man time goes fast. As I go inside, joey follows me. I sit on the bed thinking about life, joey sits next to me and kisses me on the cheek. I look in his deep eyes and kiss him back, he smiles. "I love you y/n." joey says with a soft smile. I smile back, turning a bit red. I lay down on the bed with him, feeling his warm body. He's so comforting, I love him.

joey's P.O.V

I can feel our skin touching, our warmth sharing. I love y/n, she's my first love, my best friend, my soulmate. I don't wanna loose her. I kiss her on the mouth slowly, she kisses me back. I can feel myself falling asleep, I've been very tired lately.

I fell asleep, shit. I wake up looking around, y/n isn't with me. I get up quickly and check in the kitchen to go and find her. I see her talking to someone at the door, I go closer to her and try to hear the conversation.
"y/n, I want you to come home. Please." I hear a voice say, I'm assuming it's her mother. "Why? Move back in?" y/n says confused and sort of concerned. I sit on the couch listening to their words, I hear her mother say "I- I have kidney cancer. I only have a couple months." My eyes widen, I feel my heart ache for y/n. I hear the gasp come out y/n's mouth, I can feel her sadness. y/n quickly rushes to give her mother a hug, I can hear her mother sobbing, it makes me feel incredibly bad for her. I understand if y/n needs to go back with her mom, I couldn't imagine if that happened to my father.
She finally closes the door, looking at me, I see the tears streaming down her red face. I get up and hug her, letting her head rest on my chest. "Baby, I'm sorry." I tell her with my empathy. She continues to just cry into my chest, I run my fingers through her hair for my comfort.
I kiss her head softly, I don't know what to do, it was so unexpected. I never would have thought her mother could be diagnosed with cancer.

Everyday, we go to her mother's house. I see her depression on her face, y/n hasn't smiled since the news. I feel bad for everything, sometimes my dad takes her mom flowers and so do I. I want y/n to be okay, I want her to feel loved. I always try to comfort y/n, I make her breakfast, even though sometimes she won't eat. y/n has been drinking a lot lately, she can barely wake up in the morning due to the alcohol.