Chapter 32

"Wha.. what do you mean?"

She started sobbing even more and I pulled her in for a hug. She truly was broken.

"Well, my mom had an affair with one of her partners at work and he found out." I nodded for her to go on. "And apparently this has been going on for a year and we didn't even know."

"Then he found out and threatened to kill the guy so they divorced and now my mom is with that worker. My dad was so mad and felt so betrayed, that he wanted to end his life." I gasped and she nodded.

"I tried to comfort him but he pushed me against the wall and swore at me and called me names. I asked him why he wouldn't hug me, and he roughly grabbed my arm and hit them with his belt."

She was saying this so calmly. "Jeana thats terrible! Why didn't you tell anyone?"

She sighed deeply. "I was scared he would find our and hit me harder."

I pulled her in for another hug and she melted in my arms. Then the bell rang, and she quickly wiped her eyes. "What are you going to do?" I asked, concerned for her safety.  She shrugged.

"I guess I have to deal with it."

Jeana's pov

So, as I do everyday, I started my way walking home. The bell rang in school and I said bye to Maya and left.

It's a far walk to my house from the school. I always leave early in the morning so I can get to school on time. Maya gets rides from her mom. She's so lucky, my mom USED to but now she lives far away.

Maya was the first one I've ever told my secret to. And this started one month ago.

It wasn't too bad in the beginning but it got worse. He started hitting me with the metal part of his belt and slapping me and stuff.

I think all thus on the way home. I also like to think about what would I do if anything got too bad for me to stay at my house.

Would I go to an adoption agency? Would I move out on to the streets? Would I live with my mom?

These thoughts are always in my mind. Before long, my thoughts have carried me home and occupied me while I walked. I arrive at my nasty old trailer house.

The windows are old and falling out, some broken. The painted walls are chipped and stained. The shingles are almost gone, and the door window has duct tape on it because the window was smashed.

I climb inside to find a one level floor. There is a small basement but that's the storage room. The door is closed on my dad's room as always. He just sits in there and does nothing.

I walk into my room and put my bag down. There's nothing fun to do here. I don't even have any electronics to play on.

I sit here until it gets dark and then I usually go to sleep. I lied about my food with Maya. I don't eat supper or Breakfast. I normally have some fruit that is in the fridge or whatever I can find.

My dad usually just stays in his room and I try to avoid him on weekends because that's when he is angriest. He usually hurts me on weekends.

But not tonight I think as i hear the door knob turning aggressively until it is forced open. I see him standing there with his belt in his right hand and his teeth gritted.

I start to cry and run to the corner of my room. He comes at me.

The pain is terrible and calming at the same time. It's like if you were in a huge open field filled with flowers and colour, just enjoying it. Then a bee nest come over and lands on you, making every bee in the nest thing you. Basically,  it hurts so much but you can't stop it no matter how hard you try, so you just let it happen. You can try to run, but the bees will always catch you.

No matter how fast you are. The bees will always win.