Hangovers & hippos

"It was full of wine and tequila and- ugh I can't think about that right now" she shook her head and Maya laughed.

"What do you want to think about?" Maya asked.

Carina smiled, holding Maya's cheeks and pulling her in close, whispering against her lips, "my beautiful fiancée" before they kissed each other softly.

The next morning rolled around and Maya had taken the kids downstairs to give them some breakfast. She left them playing as she walked back to her bedroom with a cappuccino, water and some pills to help with Carina's hangover once she woke up.

"Baby" Maya said softly after putting everything down on the bedside table, "it's 11am" she sat next to Carina.

"Ugh" Carina groaned, holding her head, eyes still closed.

"I brought you a coffee" Maya stroked her cheek.

"I can't move" Carina whispered, "I haven't been that drunk in a long time".

"You were pretty drunk" Maya chuckled.

Carina finally opened her eyes a little, "are we okay?".

"We are... I'm sorry for what I said yesterday before you went out... I love you so much".

"I love you too bella" Carina said, smiling slightly. Maya leant down and pressed her lips to Carina's softly.

"You taste like tequila" the blonde laughed, "I brushed your teeth last night too".

"Oh god I threw up didn't I" Carina said, starting to remember.

"Here sit up" Maya said and Carina did so. "Drink this" she handed her some water, "and take these" she passed her painkillers. Carina did so and mouthed a thank you. "I made you a cappuccino too" Maya picked it up and handed it to her.

"Oh I don't know if I can drink this... I might be sick again if I do" Carina screwed her face up.

Maya's eyes went wide, "you're rejecting your morning cappuccino?!". Carina nodded and handed it back to Maya, "oh my baby is sick" she playfully pouted.

"I don't have the energy to deal with your jokes right now" Carina closed her eyes again.

"Come downstairs with me, you need to try and eat something. The kids are asking for you too".

"Oh I can't deal with their shouting" Carina whined.

"Babe... you have two four year old children". Carina pouted again, making Maya laugh. "Let's go downstairs".

Carina reluctantly got out of bed. "Can you pass me your grey hoodie please?" Carina asked and Maya nodded. The blonde got her hoodie and some sleep shorts, helping her get dressed before they went downstairs. "It's so bright" Carina screwed her face up.

They walked into the kitchen and Maya went straight for the fridge, whereas Carina sat on a stool by the worktop and put her head on it.

"Mama!" Luca and Nel shouted, running in the room.

"Shh bubs, mama isn't feeling too well, we need to be quiet okay" Maya explained to them and they nodded, looking up to Carina.