This is it bambina, one step closer

"Carina" Maya whispered in her ear, "let's practice making a baby...".

Two weeks later...

The past couple of weeks had been busy for Maya and Carina. With work and their children, they hadn't had much time to spend alone together.

Last night they had dinner together and discussed how they were going to tell the kids. Today was Saturday and they were both free so they thought it would be the perfect time to explain it to them. They had gone through every option: Carina talking to Luca alone and Maya talking to Nel alone, Carina and Maya talking to Luca and then Nel separately. They finally agreed however that it might be better to speak to them both together. The two kids loved each other so if they were there together it might be a little less scary.

Flashback to last night...

Luca and Nel were playing in the playroom as Maya and Carina were snuggled on the sofa in the living room. They had started doing small things like this, so the kids thought it was normal for them to be like that.

"So, tomorrow is definitely the day?" Carina whispered.

Maya lifted her head off Carina's chest, "I'm sure if you are" to which Carina nodded. Maya planted a kiss on Carina's lips and the latter whispered, "I love you".

"I love you baby".

"So, what exactly are we telling them tomorrow? Are we just explaining about our situation now or college too?" Maya asked.

"I don't know... it's hard because I don't want Luca to think I didn't love Leo when I was with him since it is his dad".

"I understand, maybe we can leave that out for a while, until they're older. Or we could tell them we knew each other in college but not mention dating?".

"That might be good, so they know we really do know each other well. I think just be open and honest with them with whatever questions they have" Carina nodded.

End of flashback

"Nellie!" Luca shouted as he ran into Maya's living room.

Carina stood by the front door with Maya and held her hand, "are you ready bella?".

"I'm nervous" Maya giggled lightly.

"Me too" Carina smiled as she fiddled with Maya's fingers, "this is it bambina, one step closer".

"One step closer" Maya whispered back and smirked, kissing her quickly. They walked into the living room, Carina sitting on one end of the sofa and Maya on the other end.

"Nel come here baby" Maya said, lifting her to sit on her lap.

"Bambino you too" Carina said. The four of them sat together, Luca saw Nel sitting on his mommy's lap and he got jealous, so he climbed onto his mama's knee. Maya looked at Carina and nodded as a signal to continue.

Carina ran her fingers through Luca's hair and took a deep breath, "me and Maya wanted to talk to you guys about something...".

"What is it mama?".

"Well... do you know I have always told you that if you and the people you care about are happy, nothing else matters?" Carina asked and Luca nodded.

"My mommy told me that too" Nel added, raising her arm in the air.

"Remember we talked about Sophie in your class the other day when you guys asked why she has two mamas?" Carina said, trying to ease into it.

"Yes mama. You said that sometimes boys and girls have two mamas or two papas instead of one mama and one papa" Luca nodded.