One step forward, two steps back

"that space on my finger is yours... if you want it".

Four weeks later...

The couple hadn't talked much more about marriage since that day in the shower and nothing serious had been mentioned.

Maya had been meeting with her lawyer, the process of the divorce was going pretty well and without any problems.

It was Friday night, Maya and Penelope were having dinner at Carina's. They ate and then snuggled together on the sofa watching a Disney film before Nel and Luca fell asleep.

It had almost become routine for them to stay in each other's houses. Carina had bought a pop up bed for Nel in Luca's room and Maya did the same in her house for Luca, even though they would end up cuddled together in the same bed.

Carina and Maya carried the sleeping children to their beds, before sneaking back down for another glass of wine.

Carina stood in the kitchen reaching up onto the top shelf for a bottle of wine. Maya could see her on her tip toes struggling, "do you need some help?" she smirked.

Carina turned around and playfully rolled her eyes, "I am just fine thank you". She turned back round to continue her efforts, while Maya leant on the opposite counter, admiring the view.

"You look good pressed up against the kitchen counter".

Carina walked over to Maya, wine bottle proudly in hand, "you're sex crazed you know".

"I can't help it; my girlfriend is so hot" Maya held her hands up in the air innocently.

Carina shook her head and passed over a glass of wine to Maya. The latter was smiling and starring at the Italian, which made her laugh.

"What?" Carina giggled.

"I think I want to go to the next step" Maya stated, placing her wine glass down on the side and walking towards Carina, wrapping her arms around her.

"Next step?" Carina smiled as she questioned.

"I want to tell the kids. I don't want to hide anymore. I want to lie on the sofa with you when they're there and hold your hand and kiss your cheek. I want to be a proper family and live together".

Carina smiled widely wrapping her arms around Maya's neck, "me too. Let's do it". Carina leant forward to kiss Maya, moaning as she felt Maya's tongue enter her mouth. They made out for a while, Maya pressing Carina against the kitchen counter until she lifted her to sit on top of it. Maya tugged on the bottom of Carina's dress, lifting it over her head a discarding it on the floor.

Maya attached her lips to Carina's neck and ran her fingernails down the doctor's bare back. She unclipped Carina's bra and just as she slid the straps off her shoulders, Carina stopped her, "wait no, let's go to the bedroom".

Maya smirked and shook her head, "uh uh I have wanted to fuck you on this kitchen counter for longer than you can imagine".

Maya continued placing kisses on Carina's neck as the latter struggled to say, "but the kids".

"It's fine, they are asleep" Maya reassured as she slid off Carina's underwear, leaving her completely naked sitting on her kitchen counter.

Maya stepped back to admire the view, "holy shit... this is better than I ever imagined".

Carina pinched her own nipples and moaned, "take off your clothes Maya" she demanded. Maya did just that and made her way back to Carina, jumping onto the counter and straddling her lap.

Carina started to press kisses to her boobs and sucked her nipples. Maya intertwined her finger's in Carina's hair, pushing her head to encourage more.