15

Derek set Zoey onto the bed, her sobbing slowing as she started to hiccup. He looked into her eyes as she tried to calm herself down. "Zoey, come on... no more of that... no more crying...I'm right here... and you have Molly... she missed you..."

"But, but... Just Derek...." She whimpered as she held Molly tightly in her arms. "I thought Molly was gone like Mister Derek... Lexie took Molly and said she'd put her somewhere safe for me... she said that she didn't want what happened to Mister Derek to happen to her...Mister Derek is in heaven..." She said as she looked into his eyes, shaking her head. "I'm sorry... I'm sorry..." She said as she clung to him once again as Derek looked up at Mark. "I'm so sorry, Just Derek... I'm so sorry!" She exclaimed as she held onto him.

"What do you mean Mister Derek is in heaven?" Derek asked softly. "Sweetheart, what do you mean?"

"Sir... sir hurt him..."

"Sir?" Mark asked, looking at Derek with a confused glance.

"He must have had her call him Sir..." Derek whispered to Mark. "What do you mean he hurt Mister Derek?"

"I... I... was scared... he was yelling at me and I didn't want to come out of my room... and he said that if I didn't come out then he was going to hurt one of my toys... and I was holding Mister Derek... and he pulled him from me, and I tried to save him, Just Derek! I tried! I tried to save him... He took a scissors and...." She started to sob uncontrollably as she leapt at Derek, her arms wrapping around him tightly as he held her.

"Derek..." Mark whispered as he stood slack jawed listening to the little girl's confession, happy that she didn't continue the story, happy that she had Derek to hold her through it, though he could see in Derek's eyes that he was more than livid.

"Mark..." Derek whispered as he gritted his teeth and held the little girl as she sobbed and apologized, her tiny body trembling as she cried. "I need... you to watch her..."

"Where are you going to go, Derek... the guy's already dead... you can't kill him again."

"Mark, I need you to watch her..."

"Derek, I don't know what to do with her... she's so upset... she's not going to let go of you." Mark said softly as Derek whispered something to Zoey. Her sobs quickly subsided as she loosened her grip on Derek. "Derek... where are you going to go?" Mark asked as Derek looked up and glared at him.

"I'll be right back, okay, sweetheart... Mister Mark is going to be here... he'll be right here with you the whole time, you don't even have to worry..." Derek whispered as he lifted the little girl to Mark, he was happy when she reached her arms out for Mark and clung to his neck tightly as she held Molly in her hand.

"You promise you're coming back, Just Derek?" She asked in a whimper as he nodded.

"I promise that I will be right back." Derek said softly as he leaned forward and kissed her cheek and took a step back.

"Derek..." Mark said as Derek stepped toward the door. "How did you get her to...?"

"I told her that you'd take us to the zoo soon..." Derek said with a smirk as he stepped out the door.

"The zoo? I hate the zoo!" He called after Derek as his eyes turned to meet up with Zoey's. "Hi." He said with a smirk as she wiped her tears with her hand.

"Hi." She whimpered, as she took a deep breath and released it slowly, trying desperately to remain brave.