lx

"Let's go to the library?" Regulus asked, pulling on a t-shirt.

"Together?" James asked.

"Yeah," Regulus nodded, tossing James his trousers, "no point of agreeing to come out as friends if we don't actually do it. Come on, get dressed."

"Alright," James sat up, "but I don't think I actually have any work."

"You'll help me with mine then," Regulus said.

"Okay," James agreed, "yeah, we can go."

James pulled on his invisibility cloak just to get out of the Slytherin dorms, stuffing it in his bag once they were in an empty corridor.

"People are looking," James whispered, trailing a couple steps behind Regulus.

"Let them." He whispered back. "We're hot."

James smiled shaking his head.

They chose a table in the back corner of the library and Regulus spread his books out.

James quickly put a silencing charm around them, settling into his chair.

"I've been having trouble casting a Patronus," Regulus said, opening his defense textbook, "every time I try, it's not even a wisp."

"Do you have the motion down?" James asked.

"I think so," Regulus nodded.

"Let me see." James said.

Regulus took out his wand.

"Damn," James sighed, "that would've been an easy fix."

Regulus pouted.

"Sorry Love," James said, "what's your happy thought?"

"You agreeing to marry me." Regulus said, a blush brushed on his cheeks.

James could've melted.

"So don't tell me I need to find a happier memory," Regulus said defensively, "I don't have one."

"Okay okay," James smiled, "try it."

Regulus raised his wand, "Expecto Patronum."

Nothing.

"I told you!" Regulus laughed, "I can't do it!"

"You can do it," James smiled, "just—"

"James?"

James and Regulus looked up and James dropped the silencing charm.

Sirius's eyes flickered in between his best friend and his brother. "What're you doing with him?"

James and Regulus's expressions had sobered immediately.

"I've told you before Sirius," James said carefully, "we're patrol partners...remember? We've been patrol partners since September."

"You're friends?" Sirius whispered.

"I wouldn't say that," Regulus snorted.

James elbowed him in the side, "we tolerate each other."

"Want to join us?" Regulus asked, "James was just helping me with my homework."

"No." Sirius said with a strange look on his face, "no, thank you."

"Okay," Regulus shrugged.

"James, Remus and I need your help with something," Sirius said, focusing his attention back on his best friend.

James looked over at Regulus, "do you mind?"

Regulus shook his head, "go ahead, I'll see you later."