xxiii

Saturday lie ins quickly became the best part of their weeks.

Sometimes they talked, other times they cuddled, but more often than not they were engaged in an activity that rendered them in various forms of undress.

"You're wonderful," James said lazily, letting his forehead fall against Regulus's.

Regulus's eyes sparkled, a grin on his thin lips as he watched the boy beside him.

James loved him like this. His eyes were a sight to behold, bright and blue, full of life and joy, crinkled in the corners due to his smile.

It was a version of Regulus Black that nobody else got to see.

"You have the loveliest smile," James breathed a laugh.

"Surely not," Regulus's cheeks grew red and he buried his head in James's chest.

"No?" James laughed, "and why is that?"

"Because the loveliest smile belongs to you," he whispered.

"You're right," James said smugly, "nobody can resist my kissable lips."

"And you ruined it," Regulus groaned, rolling over.

"Wait, no," James gasped through his laughs, "please come back, I'm sorry."

"No," Regulus pouted, "I was being nice and you ruined it."

"Please?" James drew the blankets to his chin, "it's cold."

"I actually do have to get going," Regulus said, searching the bunk for his clothes, "it's nearly noon."

"Is it really?" James sat up, grabbing his glasses to check his watch, "shite."

"Alright, I'll see you," Regulus pulled his shirt over his head, "where's the cloak?"

"Oh, here," James lifted the pillow and handed over his invisibility cloak.

"Thanks," Regulus kissed him quickly, "greenhouse tomorrow night?"

James's nodded.

"Brilliant, great lay, Cheers."

"Cheers," James echoed, watching him disappear under the cloak.

He couldn't help but feel disappointed watching him leave.

He laid back on his bed with a sigh.

What had he gotten himself into?

He was never supposed to have feelings for him, but now he feared that he was falling in love with Regulus Black.

Regulus was in the same predicament, swearing under his breath and he hurried down to the Slytherin dorms.

Loveliest Smile? Honestly

The shite that spews out of his mouth gets worse with every interaction. He should end it now, he knows that, it's already gone too far. But he won't—doesn't he deserve this single selfish thing? Can't James be his, even if it was only in secret?

"What's that face?" Barty frowned. "Who is he?"

Regulus shook his head, "nobody."

"Regulus." Barty frowned, "did you get back with Rosier?"

"No."

"It can't be Spinnet—you look too happy."

"It's not Spinnet," Regulus said, searching for a change of clothes, "it isn't anyone."

"It's not nobody," Barty said, "you're never here at night and you keep on disappearing during the day."

Regulus didn't answer.