liv

The breeze was nice and James breathed in happily.

Regulus's head was settled in his lap, he was fast asleep.

It was one of those days.

Regulus hadn't said a single thing when he arrived, he just kissed James in lieu of a greeting, laid down and slept.

It was selfish how much James enjoyed Regulus's harder days. When Regulus so desperately wanted sleep—erasing the day into tomorrow—James fought heavy eyelids, wanting to savor these moments as long as he could.

He looked fake, like a doll almost. It was endearing.

James couldn't believe that he was his.

This beautiful boy. His.

He brushed his hands through Regulus's hair, letting his thumb rub his temple.

The plan for lunch was a picnic, but the basket that James brought laid abandoned besides the blanket.

James was leaned up against a tree, hidden just beyond the forest line, he'd be back here at night but not as James, as Prongs.

It was the first full moon as three Marauders.

Regulus shifted and James's attention was drawn back to him. 

"You're staring at me." Regulus mumbled.

James paused, frozen for a second, before letting out an unbelieving scoff.

"Love, how could you possibly know, your eyes are closed."

"I can sense it." Regulus breathed, trying to burrow his face into James's abdomen.

"You were asleep just seconds ago," James protested.

"Mhm," Regulus said, "and you woke me."

"I didn't even move?"

"Your eyes are like little daggers."

"You're my fiancé, am I not allowed to stare at you?" James protested, poking a finger into Regulus's cheeks.

"Oi," Regulus rolled away, his head falling out of James's lap. "What time is it?"

His eyes were open now and he laid flat on his back, looking up at the clouds.

"A little after two," James said.

Regulus put his arms out and made a grabbing motion towards James.

"Yes Love?"

"Come here."

"Why don't you come over here?" James grinned.

Regulus pouted and crossed his arms, "fine."

He wrapped his legs around James's hips and his arms around his neck, clinging onto him like a sloth.

"Regulus—" James threw his head back with a laugh, "what are you doing?"

Regulus had pulled back just enough to pull at the hem of James's shirt.

"Shh," Regulus glared at him.

"Are you trying to take it off?" James watched, baffled, "really...what are you doing?"

Regulus ducked under the hem of James's shirt and fit himself in it.

James snorted as Regulus struggled to get his head through the neck hole.

"You are so odd." James shook his head.

"I was cold." Regulus scowled. "How are you always so bloody warm."