First Day Of The Rest Of Our Lives

Katy's POV:

Our flight just landed in Nashville. We're an hour behind Austin's time. The time on the jet seemed to be never ending. We watched the local news for Austin. It didn't take long for every news channel in the area, even ones from outside of Austin, to show up at the factory. It was reported that Liam's dad did indeed have the factory blown up. Very, very few officers made it out of the building, including Sheriff Clark. Everyone that made it out was sent to the hospital.

There's been no report about mine and Liam's dads. Nobody saw them come out. As for our moms, nobody knows where they are. The thought of both of our parents being on the loose and potentially finding us in Nashville makes me sick. We're not 100% guaranteed that we're safe from our fathers now, and I can't wrap my head around that thought.

Part of me believes that going to the police about our fathers was a big mistake. The factory is destroyed, tons of people either died or got severely injured, and nobody knows if our fathers are included in the people that died.

The news also reported that Liam and I were both at the factory when things took a turn for the worst. Nothing was said about Ariana, which is probably for the best. It's just me and Liam that have to stay low after all.

"So...who do we need to call and tell that we're alive?" Liam asks. This is first time anyone has said a word in over an hour. "Penelope probably, since she's going to be here soon. And I guess I should probably call Taylor because I'm sure she's already seen the news, or will shortly. She gets notifications from some of the news sources back home." I say as we all start to gather our things and exit the jet. Ariana's mom has a big suburban waiting for us. All of Ariana's and Lauren's things are coming down in a giant ass Uhaul. Lauren's dad actually got a new job in Nashville so she has a house. Ariana's mom can basically work in whatever state since she owns her own fashion business, so they have a new house too. Liam and I brought very limited items, but it's okay. New homes call for new things.

"Kids." Joan says, grabbing everyone's attention. She hasn't said much since our flight either. I don't think she really knows what to say. "I know our spirits are low right now. How about we get some food in our stomach to gain a little energy?"

How does one eat when the only life they've ever known just blew up, literally?

"I'm not sure either of these two could stomach any food right now, Mama." Ariana says. Joan looks between me and Liam with her motherly eyes. "I'm sure we could salvage something, right Liam?" Liam nods in agreement with me. I'm willing to do anything at this point if it means we'll stop being the center of attention. It's hard to process anything when everyone is looking at you. "Great! After that we can just cruise around the city so you guys get a feel for your new home."

Joan has us put all of our things into an SUV to head back to her new house. Shortly after, a Limousine arrives to take us to whatever restaurant she has in mind. "I know it's probably a bit much, but you guys deserve to have a great first experience in Nashville." Joan says. We all look at each other and smile before piling into the large vehicle. "Holy shit." We all day in unison when get inside the limo.