Welcome to Hester

Katy's POV:

*buzz buzz*
The annoying sound of my phone vibrating wakes me up. I check the time and see that it's 6:27 in the morning...I still have three minutes before my alarm goes off. I really hate when this happens but Lauren and Dinah absolutely love waking me up before my alarm. Nine out of ten times, they're doing it by blowing up our groupchat too.

Hester's Hoes

Dinah: You hoes awake yet? If not, wake the hell up and throw your ass into gear! It's the first day of the semester!

Lauren: Stop texting so damn loud 😡

Katy: You hungover again, Lo?

Dinah: She's always hungover, what are you talking about 😂. Why do you think our 'drunk diaries' videos have been so popular on Twitter recently?

Katy: Cause someone recently had a wardrobe malfunction during our Christmas video #titties4dayssss

Dinah: It was one little nip slip! Let it go!

Lauren: That was not a nip slip. That was straight up titty gone wild.

Katy: Remember? Lauren was so drunk off her ass that she went over to you and said "ma'am, I'm gonna have to ask you to return to your assigned seat." Then tried to put it back in your bra?

Dinah: I hate both of you. I'll see you guys in an hour in our spot.

Lauren: Later losers. @dinah, make sure you don't have a rack attack on the way to school.

Katy: Deuces. Also @dinah, Hester is in dire need of you to hakuna your tatas.

Dinah: YALL GO GET DRESSED AND LEAVE MY TITS OUT OF THIS! DAMN!

I laugh before putting my phone away and heading to my bathroom to get ready for the day. I check the weather and see that we're in the middle of a cold front. The high today is only supposed to be 42. I throw on a black The 1975 shirt, blue jeans, black combat boots, and my black softball jacket. I usually wear mostly black on days back from break. Why? I'm mourning over the loss of my sleep schedule.

After getting dressed, brush my teeth, throw my hair up into a messy bun, and then make my way downstairs. I'm not much of a breakfast eater. I don't know why, I just never usually have an appetite when I wake up.

"Good morning sweetheart. Are you ready for your second semester of Sophomore year? You're almost halfway done with high school!" My mom says as I walk into the kitchen and begin getting my backpack ready. "I guess so. It's a lot better than how last year went, that's for sure." I say. Last year, there was nonstop drama between three of my really good friends. It honestly didn't even really resolve until right before Thanksgiving break this past semester either.

Basically, my friends Amy and Karma faked being a lesbian couple to win homecoming our first semester. Karma was just determined to put herself out there since we were Freshmen, and that ended up being her idea. To make a long story short, Amy ended up developing actual feelings for Karma who claimed for the longest time that she felt nothing in return. Along the way, she was on and off, banging and dating wise, with my other friend Liam. Eventually, Karma accepted her true feelings for Amy, and now they're finally a real couple.

I've known Liam since kindergarten, and Amy and Karma since middle school so it was a very rough Freshman year watching all three of them hurt the way they did. Liam and I have just come to the terms that neither one of us is really meant to be tied down in a relationship anyways. A lot of people think we're actually dating though, which is weird because he's been like a brother to me. Especially since our dads have been business partners for the past few years. Both of our dads own family businesses. They finally started working together a few years ago.