37

TRIGGER WARNING!!

TRIGGER WARNING!!

valerie decided to go to the park since she was bored and wanted to... clear her head. she wore comfortable pants she usually wore to sleep, and a crop top. it was a warm day, even though it was winter.

she thought about inviting victoria and daniel, or even ashtray, but in the end decided to go by herself. she enjoyed being by herself, as depressing as it sounds she enjoyed being alone and having time to collect herself, and her thoughts. although, she hated feeling alone, lonely.

she swung her arms around, walking fast to the park that wasn't too far from her house. when she arrived, she sat on the swings. she looked all around the park, she was the only one there. she scoffed, the memory of her and chris being here coming to mind.

getting tired of swinging, she moved to the bench that was put in front of the rest of the playground. she pulled out her airpods, hitting 'shuffle' on her playlist and sitting back, looking up at the sky and watching how the clouds moved.

a smile formed on her face as the first song that played was 'novacane' , ashtrays favorite song. it's why she enjoyed the song so much, ashtray was the only thing on her mind when it played.

just as the song finished, a boy walked in the park and went to the swings. valerie noticed he was alone, which confused her.. but she was also alone, so she didn't think too hard about it. she had never seen the boy before, but he looked around her age, maybe a little older. she looked away, minding her business and going on her phone.

but within a couple minutes that same boy sat next to her. she paused her music, and turned to him. he flashed her a smile, "you're valerie, right? maddys little sister?"

she playfully scoffed at 'maddys little sister' but answered anyway, "yeah, who are you?"

"i'm a sophomore, but i've seen you around school." he nodded.

"oh.." she mumbled, shrugging.

since he didn't talk again for awhile, she thought their conversation was over, and was about to play her music again when he talked. "hey, i think you're really pretty. can i get your number?"

her eyebrows raised, "oh, i have a boyfriend."

his mouth formed into an O shape, "that drug dealer kid, right?"

"ashtray." she corrected.

"mm.. it's alright, can i just get it anyway?" he asked.

her eyebrows furrowed, "uh.. no."

she put her airpods back in her pocket, about ready to leave since this boy was making her uncomfortable. he moved closer to her, "why not?"