35

"no— i'm just saying, she was acting weird

"no— i'm just saying, she was acting weird. i mean, she threw up after maddy said he wanted her to have his babies."

"i don't know, val, maybe she likes him."

"but cassie wouldn't ever do that to maddy.. i don't think."

daniel, victoria and valerie were all laid on victoria's bed, val was explaining to them what happened at maddys birthday, and how she thought cassie had something going on with nate. she hated thinking cassie would even think to do that to maddy, so she was trying to believe anything other than that, even though that made the most sense.

"people change." dani shrugged.

valerie just sighed, "okay, let's change the topic."

and they did, quickly. they talked for so long it felt like, the three hadn't hung out in awhile, so they were all catching up and talking about what they couldn't before. but valerie had to leave before too long, maddy had invited her to go hangout with her, and her friends again at the howard's. so, after saying goodbye to both her friends and kim, victoria's mom, she made her way over to the howard's.

she had no clue that over at rues house, so much shit had just went down. jules and elliot told leslie about the suitcase she had gotten from laurie, and flushed them down the toilet. they had no clue what situation that could put rue in, and because of it, tue flipped out. she yelled at jules and her mom, even hit elliot.

"you are fucking dead to me." was rues exact words to jules, followed by a lot of other things. it was something valerie definitely would've wanted to see, but she had no clue about it.

so, as valerie arrived at the howard's house and maddy gave her a hug, pulling her inside and immediately including her in the hangout, rue was letting her mom take her to the hospital.. or so rue thought. but when rue realized leslie was trying to take her to rehab, she jumped out of the car and ran, through traffic and all.

fezco, not home when rue went there, she sat outside of his house for awhile to catch her breathe, until she walking to the place closet to that, the howard's.

lexi went to open the door when the knocked, and noticed how she was sweaty and holding onto her side. "hey, are you okay?"

"mhm, i think i just have.. like, a cold or something." rue lied.

"okay, well, don't get me sick cause i have rehearsal." lexi put her hands up.

"i can't— i can't, get you sick." rue yawned.

"okay, well, colds are contagious, so-" lexi tried to explain, but rue cut her off, "yeah, i realize that but it's just— it's not that kind of thing... can i use your bathroom, please?"

maddy walked up stairs, followed by valerie and kat. "hey, rue!"

"oh, hi." rue responded, leaning over as maddy hugged her. "hey, oh.. oh, yeah."