17

third person pov

third person pov

"she thinks i'm a bad influence— am i a bad influence?"

"ion think so, no."

"yeah but if my best friend mom thinks so.. that has to mean something right? i mean, she doesn't even want me at her house."

"you're stressing too much, relax."

as soon as valerie reached home and fell into her bed, she pulled out her phone and called ashtray. she hasn't realized it, but anytime she couldn't talk to victoria about how she was feeling, she talked to ashtray. he was the only other person she felt okay telling.

valerie smiled, her phone sat on the pillow next to her head, her phone on speaker so she could hear what he said.

"yeah, okay." she responded lowly, hearing whatever background noise there was from his phone.

"hey, what are you doing for new years?" she asked him, remember that was coming up soon.

"ion know.. whatever comes up, you?" he replied.

"new years party, there's gonna be one.. probably, at least." she said, knowing mckay would probably throw one, if not his brothers.

"you gonna go with victoria?" he asked her, hoping she'd say no.

"if i can.. with her mom and all." she sighed, that going to her head again. "oh, and troy and roy."

ashtray froze, walking to his computer desk. he knew something was going on between roy and victoria, but troy was a known playboy.. he wouldn't pass at this opportunity to get at valerie.

"troy?" he spoke again, sitting down and putting his phone on speaker.

"yeah.. he's roy's twin?.. and roy's most likely gonna be with vic, so." she said, playing with her hoodie zipper.

"yeah, no shit. they gon pick y'all up or something?" he asked, moving his chair back and forth.

"don't know, it's in like two weeks, playboy." she said, smiling at the nickname she gave him.

"playboy?" he questioned, finding it ironic that he thought of troy as that a minute ago.

"yep. if you were so quiet and moody all the time, you'd be a player." she said, shrugging to herself.

"bullshit." he chuckled out.

she went to respond, but cut herself off when she thought about asking him to go with her. she hesitated, not wanting to plan something if no one threw a party.. and not wanting to be embarrassed if he said no. so, she just changed the question around.
"if there is a party, who are you going with?"