23

third person pov

third person pov

new year's eve. the party was tonight, and valerie was in fact, going with ashtray. the two were either gonna get two different ride and meet at the party, or find a way to go together. ashtray told the girl that he had things to take care of before the party, which of why they could end up not going in the same car, and valerie was fine with that.. as long as she ended up with him in time for the countdown.

valerie got a text from chris, he asked her to meet him at the park to hangout.. as friends, since they weren't going to the party together. valerie was skeptical about it, not understanding why he couldn't just wait to see her at the party. but to be nice, she agreed and was now getting ready to meet him.

nothing special, she wore baggy jeans and a crop top with a zip up jacket over it. it was still cold out, and she wasn't staying long.. since she still had to get ready for the party and plan how her night was gonna go. she had four hours to spare before she would start getting ready, but she figured she would only be at the park for, at most, an hour.

she finished getting ready, putting her phone in her back pocket and telling her mom she was leaving without actually telling her where she was going. she knew if she did tell the truth, her mom would say no.

she made her way to the park her and chris agreed on, it wasn't too far from her house so she was fine with walking there. she hugged her jacket close to her body, feeling nervous for their 'hangout' as she only met him yesterday. this may be a stupid choice, it probably will be, she thought.

finally arriving at the park, she didn't see chris. however, she still made her way up to the playground and took a seat next to the slide. she decided she'd wait for him, and if he didn't show.. well, not talk to him? what more can you do?

"hey." she heard behind her, causing her to jump. she turned and was met with chris, making her give him a welcoming smile. "hey."

he sat next to her, giving a good space between the two of them, and pointed to the swings. "wanna go swing?"

she shrugged, "sure." and got up, with him following behind her. the two sat on the swings, and began swinging until he spoke first. "so, i didn't know you were dating ashtray."

she smiled at that, "i'm not, yet. how'd you find out, anyway?"

he cocked his head to the side, "i saw you two, yesterday at school."

she nodded, turning her head back straight. "is he really a drug dealer?" he asked her, making her chuckle. "no, that's just a rumor." she lied.

"hm." he hummed, and looked at the rest of the playground. it was cold, and he didn't plan on staying long either, but he had good intentions.. if he could be with her, be her friend.

"wanna race down the slides?" he asked the girl, catching her off guard but she laughed, immediately nodding her head. he smiled, following being her.

"okay, ready?" she asked, once the two were sat next to each other, each on a different slide.

"wait, let's take a picture.. for memories, ya know?" he said, pulling out his phone.

her eyebrows raised, but she playfully scoffed and let him anyway, posing once his phone was pointed at the two. as soon as his phone was back in his pocket, they both went down the slide, valerie winning by a second. "ha! i won!" she cheered, and he rolled his eyes playfully in return.

time passed, the two actually got along well and valerie thought he was a nice guy.. surprisingly, being friends with the twins.

"well, i have to go home and get ready for the party but i'll see you there, yeah?" she told him, putting her hands behind her back.

"yeah, bye, valerie." he laughed, and she turned and began walking home as he watched her walk away. he truly thought she was the prettiest girl he had spoken to, and it made him jealous that he wasn't in ashtrays place.. but he was fine with being friend with her.

and valerie? she was excited, thinking she made a new friend and wouldn't have to rely on victoria. but she knew it wouldn't be too good, ashtray wise.

still having three hours to spare, she stopped in her tracks, and took her phone out, calling ashtray.

"yo?" he answered.

"hey, are you home?" she asked.

"yeah, why?" he asked her.

"wanna hangout before the party?" she rocked back at forth on her feet, biting her lip.

"um.. my guys coming here, val, i don't know." he told her, not wanting to put her in danger.

"oh, that's okay. well, i'm walki-" she tried to tell him it was okay, but he cut her off. "nah, we can. just when he comes you gotta be quiet, alright?"

she smiled, "yep. okay, i'm almost there." and with that, hung up.

she put her phone back in her pocket, and turned, walking in the direction of ashtrays house instead of her own.

———

reaching his house, she rushed to his door and knocked. it felt like it was getting colder and colder the longer she stood, so she wanted to be inside, somewhere warm.

"yo." he greeted, opening the door for her.

"hi." she smiled, walking in as she moved over so she could come inside.

"wheres fez?" she asked, once she noticed he wasn't sitting on the couch like he usually would be.

"out, doing something, ion know." he shrugged, and she nodded, both of them sitting on the couch.

she figured it would be best to tell ashtray about where she had just came from, since he told her not to go to the party with chris. "so.. i just hung out with chris." she spoke, and he turned to her with her eyebrows furrowed. "the fuck?"

she laughed, "not like that. he asked me to meet him at the park, and we talked.. he's nice?" she shrugged, but ashtrays face stayed the same, he looked mad to valerie, but then again he always did..

"so what, y'all are friends?" he asked.

"no, but maybe we will be.. he was nice, ash." she rolled her eyes.

"i don't know, valerie. the guy asked you to go to the party with him, he wants you." he crossed his arms.

"so- are you jealous?" she smirked, causing him to roll his eyes.

"it was probably a one time thing, okay? i like you." she reassured, and he smirked, making her quickly scoot away and roll her eyes. "never mind, i don't." she joked.

CONTINUING —->