15

third person pov again

the next day it was awkward in valerie's household, and because of that.. and ashtray sending her a text that morning, asking if she wanted to hangout, she left.

making sure to ask her mom, before.

and so, valerie and ashtray had been hanging out for hours already. at the store, like usual. eventually, it was time to close the store, but ashtray and valerie decided to sit on the roof, and fezco let them.. knowing his and ashtrays house was just around the corner.

some how, their conversation went from valerie asking ashtray what it's like to be a drug dealer at his age, to a deep conversation about each other.

the two had just realized that they've known each other for months now, but didn't actually know that much about each other.. and decided they were close enough to tell more. and aside from that, they were just getting to know each other.. better, then they already did.

"is your favorite color still green?" he asked the girl sitting closely next to him.

she smiled at the fact he remembered that, and nodded. "is your still blue?"

he rolled his eyes, also remembering what she said after he told her what his favorite color is. "nah, i actually think i like pink more, now." he joked.

she laughed, and then thought about what she should ask him next.

"your parents... you never say shit about them, why?" he spoke up first.

valerie sighed before answering him, and he took notice of this. "uh.. i just don't have the best relationship with them." she tried to sum it up, not wanting to go too deep into it, but ashtray turned to her with a confused look. "y'all fight or some shit?"

she nodded, "me and my mom, yeah."

he stuck out his bottom lip, and turned back straight. "what about you, where your parents?"

she noticed how he got tense at the question, and for a second she regretted asking. "ion know. my mom dropped me off with fezco when i was a baby, never came back to get me." he shrugged.

she raised her eyebrows, that being the last thing she excepted. "so you and fezco aren't really brothers?"

"not by blood, no. but he's still my brother." ashtray told her, and she nodded.

she wrapped her arms around her knees, bringing them closer to her chest and resting her head there. she thought about how ashtray trusted her with that information, and wondered if he would trust just anybody.. because he didn't seem like the type of person to.

"how'd you and victoria meet? y'all are close as hell." he chuckled, glancing at her.

she smiled at the mention of her best friends name, and the memories that came back to her. "fourth grade. she was getting picked on by these little bitches i hated, so i asked her to be friends and ever since we've just been close."