26

third person pov

third person pov

the next following school day, for the first time in along time, valerie kept her head down when walking into school. usually, she kept her head high and seemed confident, like maddy. she liked how everyone noticed that about her sister, and decided to be like her.. in some ways. usually, the stares she got daily wouldn't bother her, her sister had a reputation and it was clear everyone thinks valerie is going to be just like her, if she isn't already. but this time, the stares weren't because she looked confident or because she was walking next to the popular maddy perez, it was because of a rumor. a rumor that she lost her virginity at a park.

troy did say that he was going to take care of her, and it annoyed her that he didn't do anything yet. she had hoped that when she walked back into school, no one would whisper and say wether they think it's true or not, and what they think of her.

she listened to maddys advice, fake confidence. she always tried to not care about what people were whispering about around her, what they thought of her. but with her anxiety, that comes along anyway. and right now, as she was standing in the hallway, her anxiety was worse than it had been in awhile.

valerie absolutely hated having all eyes on her, ironic because she's a cheerleader and most of the time.. all eyes are on her. but she hated it anyway. she hated how she didn't know what everyone was thinking about her while staring at her, which is where that fake confidence comes in. she try's to make herself believe it's all good thoughts, maybe they're thinking she's pretty or something like that.. but she never knew for sure.

taking a deep breathe, she closed her locker and turned, and once she did she saw troy. he was talking to a group of people, he seemed rush to her but he always acted calm, it made it looked panicked.

she looked around her, and threw her head back slightly, before deciding to make her way to troy. hoe else was she supposed to know what he's saying? or should she just overthink it like she is with everyone else?

"yeah, he was just joking." was the first thing she heard when she was stood behind the group of people. troy hadn't noticed her yet, so she didn't speak up, deciding it would be better.

"but you told us-" a boy began to say, but troy cut him off. "bro, i was lying. just.. tell people it isn't true, if they ask. alright?"

valerie's eyebrows raised, she didn't think he would actually do something. troy was about to walk away when he finally noticed her, and he stopped. him stopping and looking at the girl, caused the group to also. valerie folded her lips into a line, sending them all a sarcastic wave. "is it true?" a girl asked, and valerie rolled her eyes. "no, it is not."

they all shrugged, and eventually walked off, leaving troy. he stood there awkwardly, not knowing what to say to the girl. if he was being honest, valerie scared him a little. she seemed aggressive, and could probably beat his ass if she really wanted to.