5

what valerie didn't know, after maddy and cassie took the molly, cassie went and

what valerie didn't know, after maddy and cassie took the molly, cassie went and.. fucked the carousel, and maddy went to find nate again.

i made sure to send maddy a text, letting her know that i left and that fezco gave me a ride.

me and vic decided to go to my house, since hers would probably be locked and her parents were sleeping. once fezco dropped us off we gave him a quick 'thank you' and ran over to my house.

the door was unlocked, and like usual, my dad was asleep on the couch with a small blanket over him, which meant my mom was in her room.

victoria gave me a sympathetic look, and i playfully rolled my eyes to let her know that i was fine.

we both plopped down on my bed, and began talking about tonight.. and a couple minutes later i heard a door close, and sat up.

i turned to vic, "im gonna go say goodnight to maddy.. be right back."

she gave me thumbs up, and i walked down the hall to maddys room, pausing at her door when i didn't see her on her bed. "maddy?" i whispered, and then realized she was in her bathroom, so i waited.. she could be changing or something.

that was until i heard quiet sobs, and i moved to her bathroom door, slowly walking in. "maddy?"

i saw her standing, looking at herself in the mirror.. and once she saw me, she covered her neck, but i could still see the dark bruises. "holy shit.."

"get out, val!" she yelled at me, tears streaming down her face.

"maddy..." i ignored her, slowly walking up to her and wrapping my arms around her.

i felt her flinch, and for a second my heart stopped. "what happened?.." i whispered, rubbing her back as she cried into my chest.

in all reality, i knew exactly what happened. but i didn't know what to say in this moment.

"i love him val... he didn't mean to." i heard her breathe out, and that was all it took for me to absolutely despise nate jacobs.

"maddy, you have to tell the cops or something." i told her, and she immediately pulled away, pushing me back a little.

"no! val, you won't tell anyone.. not even vic, promise me?" she said, standing very still as she waited for me to promise her.

"he chocked you, maddy! he needs to get locked up." i threw my hands around, and she shook her head.

"valerie, promise me you won't tell no one! he didn't fucking mean to!" she grabbed my shoulders roughly.

i sighed, "fine." but she still stood there, so i looked down. "i promise."

she gave me a quick side hug, "thank you." and then wiped her face and went to change.

i walked down the hall, a plan to murder nate jacobs in my head, and the feeling of a huge weight on my shoulders. everything in me wanted to call the cops right now, telling them that he chocked maddy before she had time to cover it up, and laugh as he got arrested. but i promised maddy i wouldnt.