8

i didn't exactly know what happened after the winter formal

i didn't exactly know what happened after the winter formal.. i knew some shit went down with rue and jules because rue relapsed.. other than that i didn't know much.

victoria and i met up before i left, and she told me that she didn't know what was gonna happen between her and roy, but that he seemed nice. and then she left with me, even after i told her i didn't want her to leave roy alone, she insisted we leave together. it felt nice to know, even after we have two different days and don't see each other much all day, we'll still end up leaving together.

and so we did, she told me about her night and i told her about mine, specifically about me and ashtray. it was that night that i realized, i didn't just want to be be friends with him.. i also had a crush on him, and maybe in the future i wanted him to be my boyfriend.

vic didn't think it was the best decision, but i would hear that from pretty much anyone, that's not going to change my mind.

———

"everyone has those, find something original."

i currently sat with ashtray, leaned against the chair he had in the freezers or the store he's always at, next to him. i was telling him about how i wanted to get matching tattoos with victoria, and if he'd do it. eventually after some convincing, he said yes. and now i sat, going through pictures of tattoos on pinterest.

"original is something you think of." i raised my eyebrows, and he rolled his eyes. "okay, so think of something."

i looked at him for a second, before nodding and taking his advice. if i was going to have something permanently on my body, it should have some meaning behind it.

"you can do little pom poms since your a cheerleader." he suggested, smiling.

i cocked my head to the side, "you're so funny." i said sarcastically. he chuckled, before leaning back in his chair.

i let out a bored sigh, before setting down my phone and turning to him. "okay, let's get to know each other better."

he turned to me, and took a second, before shrugging. "okay."

i did a gesture with my hand, telling him to go first. "alright, what's your favorite color?"

i thought for a moment, "green. what's yours?"

he tilted his head to the side, as a way of showing me, he was thinking. "ion know.. blue?"

"talking about being original.. that's like everyone's favorite color." i crossed my arms.