31

even though Valerie was at a good point in her life, her sisters friends and the people around her weren't

even though Valerie was at a good point in her life, her sisters friends and the people around her weren't. she had no clue, which is one of the things she admired about Maddys friends, they hid their feelings better than she ever could.

she had no clue Maddy was thinking about Nate again.. more specifically, their relationship. Maddy knew how much Valerie didn't like Nate, along with most people that was smart enough to know he was a huge asshole, and even after the many, many times Valerie would sit and tell Maddy she deserved better and he didn't love her, she chose not to believe it.

Valerie knew Rues stupid plan, and she knew rue wasn't in the right mind like ninety-nine percent of the time, but she didn't think she was serious. i mean, when was Rue ever serious about something like that? Valerie couldn't remember. but that's why she didn't go to Fezco about it, to at least warn him or something, even thought she probably should've.. she believed Rue was smarter than that, somehow.

that was the only two things Valerie didn't know that much about. where her and lexi are similar, they're both aware of what's going on around them.. for the most part. they both watch and observe, but never say too much. but lately, Valerie had been in her own space. she wasn't looking around for something new to know, she just minded her business and hangout with her boyfriend and her friends, which she liked way more anyway.

but, not even trying to find something new or get involved in anything, she did anyway.

                                      ———

"hey, there's a guy in a truck outside." Faye walked into the living room, plopping down next to ashtray and Valerie.

Fezco turned to her, glancing at ashtray. ashtray shook his head, taking his arm off of Valerie and standing up. Valerie wanted to follow him, and even tried.. but Fezco signaled her to sit back down.

"what guy?" Valerie asked Faye.

"i dunno.. that one guy, that was at that store." Faye shrugged, touching her lips.

"that one guy that was at that store?" Valerie repeated under her breathe.

it didn't click on her mind that Faye was talking about Cal Jacobs, until ashtray walked back in the living room, a shotgun in his hand pointed at Cals back, as his other hand held him. her eyes widened, watching as Fezco helped ashtray force him to sit in a chair before sitting on the side of the couch.

"so first, you come to my fuckin job askin all these weird ass questions like the feds, then i find you out front of my house.. the fuck are you doin, man?" Fezco asked Cal.

"you're free to call the cops." Cal stated blankly.

"why the fuck would i do that?" Fezco asked in a 'duh' tone.

"well, it's either call the cops, let me go or.." Cal paused, moving his head to look up at ashtray who was holding the shotgun to his head. "kill me."