"Here, i prepared you a juice. You can drink it and you will feel a bit refreshing," Alice said before giving the glass filled with the orange juice to Anna.

"Mom, there was no need for this..." Anna told her before sighing.

"It's alright, Anna, at least I can do this for you" Alice replied softly as well. Anna finally took the juice from her before gulping it down into her thirsty throat. She let out a sharp breath of satisfaction as she put the glass back to the table. Alice smiled.

"You feeling better now?"

"Yes Mom, a lot. Thank you," Anna replied.

"Here, I've prepared your food. Please take a seat and eat it and tell me how is it?" Anna uttered making Alice nod in return.

"I am sure. It will be so delicious," Alice chuckled before taking a bite of the cake. She moaned in delight as the cake melted on her tongue.

She smiled relishly at Anna indicating that she liked it. Anna smiled in complacency.

"It's really succulent. I loved the flavour on the pie so much. What is that?" She asked and Anna smiled.

"It's custard flavour, mom" Anna replied. Alice's eyes glinted in discomposure. She looked at Anna, disquieted.

"Oh? Actually Anna, the doctor has told me to not to consume custard. It's not suitable for my health," Alice replied in a feeble tone. Anna left the spasm with utter concern.

"Oh I'm really sorry, mom. I didn't have any idea about that. Please don't take it. It might not suit you as well... Please, eat broccoli instead," Anna suggested before serving the broccoli to her.

Alice suspired infirmly before nodding at her. She took the fork to taste the broccoli but started to cough only after having the first morsel. Anna almost gasped in concern before rubbing Alice's back as she coughed resolutely.

"Mom, are you alright? Oh my God! Should I call the doctor?" Anna asked, the discomfort in Alice's eyes made her horrified as if she had done something wrong.

"Give me a glass of water..." Alice asked as Anna quickly nodded before giving her water.

Alice drank the water quickly. Her breaths started to speed up, leaving Anna a little bit panick.

Eve also came downstairs with Anna's loud tone. She almost gasped seeing Alice coughing wildly. She quickly rushed to them.

"What happened, Anna?" She asked as Anna looked at her, frightened.

"I don't know. Mom ate broccoli, and then she started coughing..." She informed Eve, expeditely. Eve gulped looking at them.

"Let's call the doctor first..." Eve quickly rushed to get the phone before dialling Alice's doctor's number. She quickly asked him to come there as Alice wasn't looking fine at all.

~~

~~

"Breath deeply, please," the doctor asked as Alice followed him. The doctor checked the blood pressure before examining her further.

"What did you eat?" He asked. Alice glanced at Anna who was standing beside Eve on the other side of the bed, a concerned look plastered all over Eve and Anna's face.

"Umm... I had broccolis and custard pie," she replied.

" It seems like your blood pressure rose up because of the unlimited intake. Please be careful with whatever you eat next time. Do not consume much salt and spices, limit them. They are not so good for your health. They can cause you BP problem again."

"Yes doctor," Alice replied.

Ivan was also back by then as someone from the mansion told him about whatever had happened here, probably some servant.

He was back in no time when he gets to know that something happened to Alice and she's not well.

"Mom, how are you feeling right now?" He inquired as he took a seat beside her. Alice smiled consoling him.

"I'm fine, Ivan. I just had a Blood pressure problem" she replied.

"But what exactly happened here" Ivan asked again, a bit sternly this time. Anna almost gulped in nervousness. Eve looked at her before finally speaking.

"Uh nothing brother, it's a just mom had--" Eve tried speaking but was cut in the midway by Alice.

"Nothing really, Ivan. It's just Anna prepared me broccolis and Boston pie with a custard flavour. I ate it and it reacted to me. And some spices in the broccoli that didn't suite me. But, That's fine though because she's not aware of anything about me. I can completely understand her."

Alice said with a smile. Ivan's eyebrows flickered in astonishment.

"Did you eat spicy broccolis? You know, the doctor had said no to that," Ivan sighed and Alice laughed nervously. Anna's eyes squinted in confusion.

"It's fine, Ivan. Anna didn't have any idea about it." She said. Ivan sighed before his eyes shifted to Anna in disappointment.

Anna looked down apologetically.

"I'm sorry, mom. I will take care of it from now on..." She mumbled.

"It's alright, Anna" Alice replied back feebly.

"And why were you in the kitchen cooking all of this? Didn't I tell you to rest after having your breakfast?" Ivan asked in disappointment. Anna frowned.

"Actually, Edla wasn't present there, so I..." Alice tried to explain.

"Mom, you could've asked someone else too. Anna is pregnant. She shouldn't be doing this amount of work." He sighed before facing Alice back. Alice frowned, dejectedly.

"You're right. I must not let her do that," she mumbled before fidgeting with her fingers.

"Anyway, please take a rest. Anna, will you please see me for a moment in our room?" He asked, Anna nodded before following him outside of Alice's room. Eve left afterwise as well.

"Ivan, I'm really sorry. I should've asked mom clearly before preparing anything. I disappointed you a lot today. I will try my best to take care of her-"

"You're right. I am disappointed with you. So much" he said in his deep raspy voice, sighing. Anna gulped, looking down.

"You're supposed to listen to me, don't you?" He asked. She nodded.

"Then why did you even put your feet inside the kitchen in the first place? Didn't I tell you to rest? Why don't you listen to me?" He asked, exhaling a breath of displeasure with her.

"I'm sorry, I will take care of it from now on..." She replied, mumbling.

"I want you to take care of yourself first. For mom, there are so many servants present here, alright?" He said before placing her palms on her arms, making her stare into his orbs.

"Aren't you angry with me since I--" she asked, frowning downcasted.

"I'm not, and why would I be? You didn't have any idea about mom's diet plan. You were trying your best to take care of her." He chuckled. Anna sighed in relief.

For a minute she thought that today, Ivan would be so angry with her. But she felt glad when she found him understanding her side as well.

"C'mon let me give you a good nap. You need a rest as well. " Ivan smiled fondly at her before grabbing her hand as he pulled her to the bed.

.
.
.
.
.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It's 12:30 AM of night and now I'm so sleepy. I also have college tomorrow.

Will update the next chapter soon.

Thank you for coping with me.

Good night

Take care