Execution One: Never Say Die

Song Inspo- CopyCat by CircusP

! There are spoilers from V1 during the execution!

I hover my hand over the selection for the vote, staring at the tall, glasses-wearing blond, everyone else doing the same as they wait for me to speak. His eyes flick frantically between me and the other Ultimates. I draw his attention, "I'll ask you again, who are you?" He freezes, almost unsure. 

The crazed look in his blue eyes wavers, "We get along just fine, I say everything you like to hear," He glances over at the book which was still lying open on Nagito's podium, "It's funny how much I feel like I'm looking in a mirror..." His somber tone almost makes me feel guilty, yet he was still a murderer. To answer he smiles, "I can't remember who I am... my past is a blur..." His eyes snap over to Nekomaru whom had moved to make his vote. The blond male leaned on his podium, desperate, pleading, "I'll become what you like! That is what you wanted, right?"

Hajime turned his head away from the spiraling male, some others mimicking the action. I so badly wanted him to pay. I wanted to point at the smiling picture of Ibuki that was crossed out in red paint and tell him to copy her. I debated whether I wanted to just vote now and get it over with. 

Thats when I heard something I could hardly believe, it was Ibuki's voice from when we talked about having a party to celebrate my healing from Monokuma's initial appearance, "Just leave the B.G.M. to Ibuki!" My eyes narrow, "What the fuck is wrong with you?" The blond looks at the photo of the musician, as if talking to her, "I'm starting to talk like you do..." At this point, I wasn't the only one fuming after hearing an impersonation of the dead girl. 

A hand gripped my shoulder, heterochromatic eyes locking with my e/c ones, "He'll be gone soon." To my right, a smaller hand brushed my arm, Ryota attempting to calm me as well, "Everything has changed, we've grown apart this time." Fuyuhiko gives a subtle nod to Peko who puts a threatening hand on the hilt of her weapon, Akane cracking her knuckles as well. Nekomaru crosses his arms intimidatingly, "It's funny how much I'd kind of like to see you cry."

The pleas of the imposter grow more frantic "I'll become what you like! I am what you wanted, right?!" I select the photo with the name Byakuya Togami, and press confirm. "Copy that, copycat." Gundham does the same beside me, "Copy that, copycat." The other Ultimates do the same, growing increasingly more confident. The heir then covers his mouth in horror as Monokuma announces that he was correctly identified as the blackened and was to undergo execution.

"I've prepared a very special punishment for the Ultimate Imposter!"

Labyrinth of Mirrors

3rd Person POV:

The Ultimate Imposter gets dropped into a classic mirror maze like one you might see at a fun house. He walks through the mirrors which are deformed to give back a silly reflection.  Though, the further he goes and the longer he is in the maze, the more mangled the reflections become. He reaches a room that is covered wall-to-wall by a multitude of mirrors, the door he came in through gone.

Within the span of a blink, he no longer saw his outward appearance of Byakuya Togami but instead saw the faces of the very classmates who persecuted him. They copied his movements and facial expressions as if he were actually them. Then they changed. He saw foreign faces whose bodies were littered with injuries. A redhead with a goatee who had a plethora of dark bruises and welts across his body. 

The blue haired girl next to him had a broken wrist and a knife protruding from her abdomen. The longer he stared at the images of the wounded teens, the more it felt like he had sustained those wounds. Circular welts on his body, a blunt object to the head, his throat burning from a foreign substance, stabbed in the stomach. Ibuki even was shown back at him, a sticky wet feeling forming as his throat was slit open much like his victim. 

At last, there was only one reflection, one that played like a video, yet it still wasn't his own. It showed a strawberry blonde girl who seemed vaguely familiar as she sat in the chair to a school desk. As the reflection moved further away, he noticed the girl was waving cheerily while holding a lifelike Monokuma.

Only when he saw that the girl was on the verge of being crushed did the Ultimate see it was too late. In synch with the mirror, the giant object dropped, spraying the surrounding surfaces with vibrant, pink, blood. Once the object was lifted there was a gory mess of blood and bones to the point it would have been impossible to identify the body if it hadn't been witnessed...

----------------

M/n's POV:

"Upupupu! What better way for a copycat to go out than for him to go out imitating others!" Is spite of everything Monokuma has put us through, I can't help but feel a sliver of relief that my imagination hadn't deceived me. I had actually watched a fellow student get executed, by our hands. Our vote had done this, yet they had taken a life.

"W-What the shit..." I nod along with Fuyuhiko's words in stunned silence.