Chapter 19: Just Kids

A/n: This chapter is short since I already premised the scene in the previous chapter also SAN-D IS A GIRL?!

M/n looked at Teruteru's body trying to figure out something. Why was there a comb? There was one at the last crime scene too... it was identical. Fuyuhiko had wandered away from the booth to inspect the rest of the diner. Mikan had gotten up and confirmed the cause of death. Besides the obvious blood on the table and the broken comb in the Ultimate Chef's hand, nothing seems to be out of place. Almost as if... no, it can't be, nevermind.

Was there anything they could find? Maybe Hajime and the others picked up something. Maybe there really was nothing left to find. This was hard. Was this where it ends? Here? No. It couldn't be. M/n wouldn't let it end here. He was overwhelmed with despair. It— no. Something has to appear. Something has to change. Something will happen. They will find the killer.

"Found something." Fuyuhiko spoke. There it was, hope. M/n looked at the small yakuza "What is it?" Fuyuhiko pointed to red droplets on the door handle and along the floor, "Blood. Probably from killing Teruteru. But," Fuyuhiko pulled the door open carefully and let go, watching how the weight of the door cause it to shut on its own.

"So? What's the big deal that the door closes by itself?" Fuyuhiko rolled his eyes and opened the door again, pointing at the outer doorknob, "Then why is there red here too? I thought it was blood but then that fucking smell... it's that ink."

M/n's brows furrowed, "Ink..? But..." He ran over to Teruteru to check his findings, "Yeah. TeruTeru doesn't have the ink on his hands. Which means he wasn't the one who killed Ryota. Since Ryota grabbed his killer after touching the ink." M/n frowned in thought "So, all we know is that Teruteru and someone else were at the crime scene. We're back to square one."

San-D abruptly jumped from his pocket squeaking loudly and scurried across the table. "San-D, don't run away, Gundham will kill me if I loose you!" Luckily, M/n didn't end up having to hunt for the little Deva as she stopped and pointed at the table. Upon further inspection, M/n noticed— "Water? Why would this be here? There's no cups or glasses out.. did someone spill?"

Monokuma announcement rang out saying it was time for trial. There was no more time to investigate. A shame, really. There was hardly any evidence here... could they solve it? They had to rely on Ryota. The Ultimates had to hope he left them enough clues.