Opportunities

Parking Lot - 10:33 am

Max's P.O.V

After that awkward moment with Frank, Chloe did one more search of the car.

Chloe: - This thing better be here.

Max: - Are you still looking for the gun?

Chloe: - Of course I am, Max.

Max: - But we talked about this. Isn't it in your house?

Chloe: - It might be, but first I need to make sure I didn't leave it here in the car. Any carelessness from the other Chloe can be a gift right now.

As Chloe looked for her gun, I was quiet for a while.

Max: - Speaking of house...

Chloe: - What?

Max: - We need to do something to find out what has changed.

Chloe: - And what is it? - She said as she checked the back seats.

Max: - I know you won't agree with this, but we have to stop by your house to see how David and Joyce are doing.

Hearing that, Chloe stopped looking for the gun for a moment and looked at me.

Chloe: - Wait, how is it?

Max: - We have to do this, Chloe. We need to know if anything has changed with them. Just in case.

Chloe: - No fucking way I'm going back there, Max. This is the time when David is annoying as fuck. I don't want to go through all that again.

Max: - Just put up with him this time. Just this once. I promise it will be the last time, Chloe.

Chloe: - If I go there, I go with the goal of getting my gun. And that's it.

Max: - That's great. As long as we find them both, that's enough.

Not finding it anywhere, Chloe gave up looking for the gun and turned around.

Chloe: - Ok, the gun isn't here. But it's fine. I just wanted a bonus. It's not the biggest of our concerns.

Max: - Thank God.

Chloe: - I just hope the key is.

Max: - Now I'll help you.

Josh's P.O.V

Then Chloe and Max searched all over the car for the key until Max saw something on Chloe's leg and caught her eye.

Max: - Chloe, wait. What's that in your pocket?

Chloe: - That what? - She said while looking down.

As soon as she looked in her pocket, Chloe was amazed. The thickness that such an object made in her pants pocket was similar to that of a key.

Chloe: - What the fuck is this? - She said taking the key out of her pocket. - How did it get here?

Max: - The key was in your pocket the whole time and we didn't see it?

Chloe: - I think I would've noticed if I was!

Josh: - Wait, was the key in your pocket this whole time?

Rachel: - How did you not see it?

Chloe: - This is impossible! I had my hands close to my pocket the whole time, I would have felt it!

Rachel: - Maybe when we went back to this reality the key ended up in your pocket. It can only be this.

Max: - Or maybe Chloe got into the other Chloe's body when we went back here. That's why the key is in her pocket.