The Santa Monica Pier

Los Angeles, Santa Monica - 11:53 am

Rachel's P.O.V

After Josh left the car in a parking space in that large parking lot, the three of us followed him to the main passage and kept walking to the end of that huge pier. Halfway there were several incredibly decorated shops selling many items related to the beach and other collectible items such as stickers, key chains, necklaces, T-shirts with the print of "I Love Los Angeles" and some swimsuits.

There were also several light poles along the way that would do to light up our beautiful nights in Santa Monica and for this whole place to keep running.

When we passed a few newsstands, I could hear a loud noise similar to the noise of a train going through some tracks and I became even more excited to remember that there was a huge roller coaster and a beautiful ferris wheel that was even more beautiful at night. Maybe later I'll come here with Josh to continue our great adventure through the ferris wheels and also to do a "Truth or Dare Part 2", but this time in Los Angeles. And also because I needed a moment alone with him to be able to pay my beautiful thanks. I can't wait for that time to come.

After passing the ferris wheel, we walked halfway and arrived at the part where the rest of the floor was made up of metal and iron. From there, we could already hear the sound of the strong waves crashing on the columns that held that gigantic pier on which we were standing.

As we walked, I could see a building at the end of the pier with the name "Pearls" displayed on the front side. Below were the words "Seafood Restaurant".

Approaching the restaurant, we went up the stairs and entered it.

Josh: - Damn... - He said while looking around the place. - The house is full today. This place hasn't been this crowded for a while.

In the back of the restaurant, there was a man on top of a stage with a small band playing a song that I believed to be Classic Rock mixed with a little Reggae. This man was sitting on a high leather seat while playing a guitar and singing with a microphone next to his mouth. I confess that the music was good.

Rachel: - And why wouldn't it be full? This place is great! I'm dying to see the options of this restaurant! I hope there is Sushi.

Max: - I think I'll try to eat a fish. Of course it's not the same thing as eating a simple burger, but I think I can try it, since I don't like Sushi that much.

Rachel: - Are you kidding me? Sushi is awesome! Sushi is life!

Josh: - I totally agree.

Upon hearing those words, I looked at Josh and gave him that same old smile. I knew I could count on him for anything because he always accepted any adventure I came up with. Just because he liked Sushi, it made me want to hug him until he ran out of air. No wonder he's my best friend.

Josh's P.O.V

After looking at that entire restaurant, we realized that all the tables were taken. We had nowhere to sit.

But, luckily for us, one of the waitresses saw us and quickly walked over to us with a pen and clipboard in her hands.

???: - Hey! Welcome to the Pearls restaurant! We have several varieties on our menu and a unique specialty in seafood. Are you guys together?

Josh: - Yeah. We're together.

???: - Well, at the moment we don't have a table available for you all, but I can take you to the outside of the restaurant if you want.

Max: - Is there an outside part?

???: - Yes! It's behind the restaurant, near the end of the pier. Just a few flights down the stairs and you get there. Do you want me to show you the way?